GDT: Game 2: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 10/12/24

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
He's played better in the past.

Holl looks like a new man after clearing waivers, it's worth a shot. Send Gus down. Give him a wakeup call.

My understanding is Holl is fine when he plays a simple game and you don't ask him to do too much. When you try to use him in bigger roles and ask him to provide more offense, he's makes mistakes at terrible times and implodes in on himself. As long as he's playing limited 2nd or 3rd pair minutes, he should be fine? Hypothetically..

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I don’t need to ever see Petry or Gustafsson ever again.

*this post brought to you by kneejerks. Kneejerks. We’re jerks with knees.*

• Love
Reactions: norrisnick

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
My understanding is Holl is fine when he plays a simple game and you don't ask him to do too much. When you try to use him in bigger roles and ask him to provide more offense, he's makes mistakes at terrible times and implodes in on himself. As long as he's playing limited 2nd or 3rd pair minutes, he should be fine? Hypothetically..
Yeah - I seem to recall that was his ‘MO’ prior to joining the Leafs…Then with Tronna there came expectations and thus he was overwhelmed.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Hopefully. The minutes he had last year were fairly sheltered from what I remember.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I would say that would be .. caution to this but remember that AlJo is 23 years old, same age as Seider. This isn't a 19yo old kid. He's been playing big minutes for long seasons in the SHL, and was the top D in the AHL for a couple of seasons now. He's used to the grind
Exactly. He’s still acclimating to the NHL, obviously, which explains his lower minutes. But if he is able to fully adjust to the NHL and be effective, this kid has the makeup of a minute-muncher.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I don’t need to ever see Petry or Gustafsson ever again.

*this post brought to you by kneejerks. Kneejerks. We’re jerks with knees.*
Trade them all!

The Wings have 9 scoring changes to the Preds 5? ...Are these Wings scoring changes in the room with us?

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
IMG_3397.jpeg

Seider and Chiarot being leaned on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad