Post-Game Talk: Game #2 Pens vs Wings: Much better game

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
.... I will Google it, but who the hell is Mikita?

Edit.. Good lord, dude was killer for the stupid blackhawks in the 60s. I have never once heard that name or seen any highlights of stanley mikita. Damn. Why have the nhl buried that?
You never heard of Stan Mikita?? Interesting

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
.... I will Google it, but who the hell is Mikita?

Edit.. Good lord, dude was killer for the stupid blackhawks in the 60s. I have never once heard that name or seen any highlights of stanley mikita. Damn. Why have the nhl buried that?
Not a Wayne's World fan, eh

1000002508.png

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
How much cap space do we gain if we waive Jarry when Ned is back lol
1.3 million I believe is the number.

The Pens couldn't literally score on Shesterkin to gain any ground any momentum. They were behind the 8-ball from the outset to the games final horn.

Yep if you can't score a single goal well your losing plain and simple. If your goalie let's 1 in or 2.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
You can’t be mentally weak and make it to the NHL as a regular, as well as be voted an all star (twice?).
It’s more like he is Un-clutch. He has decent stats at the end of the year. He makes some great saves, but those are usually when we don’t need it.
When the games tied with 3 minutes left and we give up a 2 on 1, that’s when he doesn’t make the great save.
It’s not that he can’t be great, it’s just that he’s rarely great when we need it most.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I thought it was interesting that Pettersson played the most minutes of anyone, by far - but then I saw the shorthanded icetime distribution and it made sense why he played so much.
I believe we're 10-3-0 in 2nd nights of B2B's going back to last year? It's weird.
Trying to make up for the fact that we didn't win a single one of them against a rested opponent in 2022-23.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
It's become pretty clear we're not winning anything with Jarry. I understand their plan might be to let him have his usual good run in the middle of the season then trade him. But this team can't be playing games like that, they're just not good enough.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Slick goal by Hayes btw
That whole sequence which he made that beauty of a pass to Acciari. I've liked the adition of Hayes all along and happy he came with picks on top of that!! Hopefully he keeps it up and we flip him at the TD.
Like I've been saying all summer, I bet Beauvillier lights it up on Sid's line.
So far so good, he will hopefully bring us back at least a 2nd!!

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Happy to see we aren’t THAT bad.

Sullivan really needs to bench Bryce Young…oops, I mean Tristan Jarry. It’s obvious he’s a big part of the problem and drags the entire team down.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
They just don’t like playing in front of Jarry. Every goal, even if it’s not on the goalie, deflates them.

A lot more resolve in front of Ned and now Blom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad