Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XVI

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
As much as it was expected, Rafa's retirement is still sad.

And Gasquet is retiring after the French Open next year. Gotta figure Stan and Gael aren't far behind.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
In Shanghai, Sinner defeats Medvedev easily in straight sets, 6-1 6-4. Nothing too intricate tactically, Jannik is now content to play baseline tennis against Daniil and beat him at his own game.

Machac upset Carlos in straight sets 7-6 7-5 with Carlos playing really well, especially in the first set. Machac was hitting forehands on average about twelve miles per hour faster (134 km/h to 114 km/h) than Alcaraz. I wouldn't have thought that was possible but Tomas is one gnarly tennis player to contend with.

Sorry to hear about Rafa, but a little relieved, too. He's asked way too much of his body already.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Shanghai Open is sponsored by Rolex, J. P. Morgan signage is prominently displayed on centre court, a Mercedes, which will go to the winner, resides just off court, and the ballkids' gear is by Armani.

Mao must be rolling in his grave.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Mensik gave it a good try but fell to Nole 6-7 6-1 6-4. Djokovic exposed a lot of weaknesses, though: backhand, ability to go down the line off either wing, inability to stay in long points, fitness. Lots of work to do.

Fritz cruised bast Goffin, 6-3 6-3. Taylor is quietly having close to a career year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad