Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - Miami 24 PATRIOTS 17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bill is also responsible for the subpar talent all over this team. Maybe if he was just the coach he'd be fine. But he's in over his head as GM.

Ive seen Brady have way worse than Henry Bourne Parker JuJu and Stevenson at RB. Ill wait to make that determination. Macs excuse list is very very long so can't trust a lot from that camp

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ive seen Brady have way worse than Henry Bourne Parker JuJu and Stevenson at RB. Ill wait to make that determination. Macs excuse list is very very long so can't trust a lot from that camp
But why are you comparing Mac Jones to the greatest football player of all time? He's never gonna be close to Brady. That's why you need to surround him with more talent. I don't think Mac Jones is great. Too many crucial mistakes. But when you don't put together a talented offense don't be surprised at these results.

Reactions: rfournier103

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

And Tom Brady is arguably the best QB in the 103 years of the NFL existence. Brady was a once in a lifetime player. If you're holding Jones to a standard of Tom Brady then he'll never live up to that standard.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And Tom Brady is arguably the best QB in the 103 years of the NFL existence. Brady was a once in a lifetime player. If you're holding Jones to a standard of Tom Brady then he'll never live up to that standard.
ok hes not brady but you dont get a free pass to lose. bradys successor in Tampa already figured it out it looks. win and stop making excuses

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
ok hes not brady but you dont get a free pass to lose. bradys successor in Tampa already figured it out it looks. win and stop making excuses
I don't think people are giving Mac a free pass. The idiotic plays need to end. He has one every single week. And for this team it's catastrophic. He also can't lead the team from behind. Those are valid criticisms while also admitting the talent around him blows.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

You mean the guy who was a #1OA pick and is on this 4th team?

CLE: 29-30-0
CAR: 1-5-0
LAR: 1-3-0

Coming into this season Mayfield was 31-38-0 for his career. For someone who keeps harping on Jones for a losing record its funny that you want to use Mayfield as an example. Is Mayfield really elevating Tampa when in the last 3 years they've won their division twice and a Superbowl?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You mean the guy who was a #1OA pick and is on this 4th team?

CLE: 29-30-0
CAR: 1-5-0
LAR: 1-3-0

Coming into this season Mayfield was 31-38-0 for his career. For someone who keeps harping on Jones for a losing record its funny that you want to use Mayfield as an example. Is Mayfield really elevating Tampa when in the last 3 years they've won their division twice and a Superbowl?

at this point Iike I said I'll wait out the excuse machine till the chickens come home to roost with Mac. Mayfield has one good season under his belt but has a cannon compared to Mac

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Turnovers are killing us.
If MJ does not throw that INT for a pick 6 against Philly we win that game.
Douglas has a huge fumble that cost us points and the INT MJ threw in the 3rd quality robbed us of points.
We need to play mistake free football, have lost twice now against two very good teams that will make the playoffs.
Special teams are playing good, our kicking game has improved as well.
O line needs help is a work in progress. If we do not improve the O line, will be a long year as we need to be able to run the ball.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
at this point Iike I said I'll wait out the excuse machine till the chickens come home to roost with Mac. Mayfield has one good season under his belt but has a cannon compared to Mac

Mayfield's best season: 11-5-0 / 3,563 Yards / 26 TD's / 8 INT's / 62.8% completion
Jones best season: 10-7-0 / 3,801 Yards / 22 TD's / 13 INT's / 67.6% completion

Mayfield's best season looks very similar to Mac's best season. So does Mac have a good season under his belt too?

No one is making excuses for Jones. On the flip side you're basically blaming everything on Mac Jones because you have some weird hatred for him. You're cherry picking stats to try and make your points, then you bring up examples like Mayfield whose been a perennially loser for his NFL career and on his 4th team already. His best season was basically matched by Jones when Jones was a freaking rookie.

I'm having flashbacks to talking with people who used to discredit and bitch about Krejci all the time because they had this odd obsession that he didn't hit enough or show emotion on the ice.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mayfield's best season: 11-5-0 / 3,563 Yards / 26 TD's / 8 INT's / 62.8% completion
Jones best season: 10-7-0 / 3,801 Yards / 22 TD's / 13 INT's / 67.6% completion

Mayfield's best season looks very similar to Mac's best season. So does Mac have a good season under his belt too?

No one is making excuses for Jones. On the flip side you're basically blaming everything on Mac Jones because you have some weird hatred for him. You're cherry picking stats to try and make your points, then you bring up examples like Mayfield whose been a perennially loser for his NFL career and on his 4th team already. His best season was basically matched by Jones when Jones was a freaking rookie.

I'm having flashbacks to talking with people who used to discredit and bitch about Krejci all the time because they had this odd obsession that he didn't hit enough or show emotion on the ice.

You can’t seem to handle criticism of Mac, so if you want to live in a. Dream world, deflect away and think that he’s a good Qb that fine, but as the losses pile up he’ll be on the on the bench soon enough. that super team Mac will need to productive isn’t coming to the rescue

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The margin for error was 10-14 points per game greater when Brady was part of this organization.

Brady finds a way to tie that game and win it in overtime.

Brady covered for a lot of deficiencies in roster construction and execution.

Bill and his program are good enough to ensure that you are at least a couple of rungs up from the dregs of the league. He finds a way to get you to, at worst, 7 wins.

But then what? Barely miss the playoffs or sneak in as a wild card only to get spanked by the 2 seed?

Reactions: The National

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You can’t seem to handle criticism of Mac, so if you want to live in a. Dream world, deflect away and think that he’s a good Qb that fine, but as the losses pile up he’ll be on the on the bench soon enough. that super team Mac will need to productive isn’t coming to the rescue

So I can't handle criticism of Mac.....even though I've critizied him myself :huh:

One of us is deflecting away and it's not me :laugh:

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
When you have no explosiveness on your team every touchdown drive takes 10-12+ plays. They’re giving themselves no margin for error on these drives. Eventually you’re going to make mistakes when it takes so long to get down the field.

When’s the last time the Patriots hit a receiver in stride over the middle of the field for 40+ yards? It feels like it never happens. Any big completions are jump balls. Mac had 31 completions yesterday and the longest was for 14 yards lol.

How it’s been like this for 4 seasons and they don’t realize the problem is baffling to me. Even Brady couldn’t do much with the lackluster weapons in his last year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
When you have no explosiveness on your team every touchdown drive takes 10-12+ plays. They’re giving themselves no margin for error on these drives. Eventually you’re going to make mistakes when it takes so long to get down the field.

When’s the last time the Patriots hit a receiver in stride over the middle of the field for 40+ yards? It feels like it never happens. Any big completions are jump balls. Mac had 31 completions yesterday and the longest was for 14 yards lol.

How it’s been like this for 4 seasons and they don’t realize the problem is baffling to me. Even Brady couldn’t do much with the lackluster weapons in his last year.
bingo

If Brady couldn’t win with zero weapons at the end of his run here what makes Bill think Cam Newton and Mac Jones can?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Its an interesting point. Looking over the last 3 years, whose been the Patriots most "explosive weapon" (if we can even call it that)

Jakobi Meyers?
Kendrick Bourne?
Hunter Henry?
Rhamondre Stevenson?
Devonte Parker?
Damien Harris?

I'd have to say either Meyers or Rhamondre, with the edge going to Rhamondre since he can run and catch. Rhamondre is a solid 1RB, but guys like Meyers, Bourne, Parker....they're complementary receivers

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Its an interesting point. Looking over the last 3 years, whose been the Patriots most "explosive weapon" (if we can even call it that)

Jakobi Meyers?
Kendrick Bourne?
Hunter Henry?
Rhamondre Stevenson?
Devonte Parker?
Damien Harris?

I'd have to say either Meyers or Rhamondre, with the edge going to Rhamondre since he can run and catch. Rhamondre is a solid 1RB, but guys like Meyers, Bourne, Parker....they're complementary receivers
Stevenson and that's it.

Reactions: ON3M4N and Mione134

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Jakobi Meyers?
Kendrick Bourne?
Hunter Henry?
Rhamondre Stevenson?
Devonte Parker?
Damien Harris?

Are they willing to pay for one of those superstar receivers even if one became available?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Bill the GM. Believes he can win 7-3 games.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Idk if we can really tank for a pick this year, the defense is too good (sounds familiar)

The Pats are stuck in that bubble, and really really needed to sign Hopkins or some other WR1.

I’m very disappointed in Juju so far.

Mac haters need to fix their eyes on literally every other part of the offense outside of TE. Loving Hunter Henry out there.

Mac isn’t a GOAT and that’s ok. He’s making very quick decisions with a very porous o line. A few of the play calls were baffling (qb sneak or very quick handoff if you’re 3rd/4th and inches, don’t get cute) but generally I’m liking the play calling improvement over last year which was putrid.

All in all I could see us sneaking in a few surprise victories. We have played two very good teams closely with some very major flaws. If coaching can help shore up the O line and bring the most out of Boutte and Douglas we are in a lot better shape.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
He just wants the Shula record. I dont think he cares anymore. Nobody fears him anymore
I want Belichick to get that record, too. Especially after all the shit that Shula and the ‘72 dolphins were talking before and after Super Bowl XLII.

As far as not caring anymore, he HAS to care - he can’t break the record without winning games. The problem is that Belichick thinks he’s such a great coach, he thinks he can polish any old turd into a diamond. His arrogance has blinded him to his own shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad