GDT: Game 2 - Late Night with Mike & Tripp gets started early this year - Canes @ SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Two pts in the bank. They stuck it out until the skill level gap caught up and made the difference, which is what good teams are capable of. Good game, moving on!
Perfect summation …. Agree

Don’t forget to set your alarm clocks to get up for the 8am start of the FA Cup game…. First chance to see Wrexham play live on ESPN after the Welcome to Wrexham documentary….

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It really is incredible how this team starts seasons during this golden age. Keep it going.

They did find the legs as it went on. Much like I mentioned about Colorado in another thread, this was an easy game to just lose and move on. Only a day to travel out west and get acclimated, playing a team that's a cornered animal in their home opener. But they just found a way.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Definitely the kind of game where you’d rather win ugly than lose ugly.
I've said it so many times at this point, I'll take an ugly win over a 'good' loss. I'm so glad that we finally have a coach that has the team playing well and management/ownership that has competent players in the lineup.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'll just say this before bed.... Feels like the team is holding back a little to start the year as opposed to how they've come out guns blazing in the past. I said at the end of the playoffs that I worry that this team might have burnt itself out too early in previous years, so I'm definitely interested to see if this is part of the plan. Keep winning, but dial it back a bit to keep at least 1 or 2 more reserve tanks of fuel in storage for the playoffs, at which point we go balls to the wall.

Who knows, might be overthinking it. Its stupid late. GNight

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'll just say this before bed.... Feels like the team is holding back a little to start the year as opposed to how they've come out guns blazing in the past. I said at the end of the playoffs that I worry that this team might have burnt itself out too early in previous years, so I'm definitely interested to see if this is part of the plan. Keep winning, but dial it back a bit to keep at least 1 or 2 more reserve tanks of fuel in storage for the playoffs, at which point we go balls to the wall.

Who knows, might be overthinking it. Its stupid late. GNight

Turbo might have taken that message to the extreme lol

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Honestly, I thought that the Canes looked good tonight. From a shot suppression standpoint, in particular, they were excellent. Both top pairings made excellent defensive plays all game to break up passes and rushes. Necas continues to prove to be a strong rebound candidate, and the Finns finally got on the board. I can wish for more offense, but it's a good thing that they're beating the teams that they should beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad