GDT: Game 2 - Late Night with Mike & Tripp gets started early this year - Canes @ SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yeah he looks like Theo Von

Cory tweeted this like 15 min before you posted this lol

This is my problem with fancy stats. I haven’t seen KK do anything tonight in either direction that was notable. What does one do to achieve this stat line? He’s just out there to this point. Necas is driving that line 100%. KK has chipped a couple of pucks out of the zone, which is good and safe. If Necas is going to play like this all season than I guess it doesn’t matter than he doesn’t do more, but that’s unlikely. People already reaching for fancy stats that explain something deeper to explain why he’s actually playing well without ever explaining what he’s actually doing well is going to get old.

But I digress as it’s the second game. He’s got time obviously.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
This is my problem with fancy stats. I haven’t seen KK do anything tonight in either direction that was notable. What does one do to achieve this stat line? He’s just out there to this point. Necas is driving that line 100%. KK has chipped a couple of pucks out of the zone, which is good and safe. If Necas is going to play like this all season than I guess it doesn’t matter than he doesn’t do more, but that’s unlikely. People already reaching for fancy stats that explain something deeper to explain why he’s actually playing well without ever explaining what he’s actually doing well is going to get old.

But I digress as it’s the second game. He’s got time obviously.
He's got an active stick and great positioning to break up offensive plays, forcing turnovers and loose pucks that his teammates are able to get to and transition up ice. In the offensive zone, he plays low risk and gets it to the more offensive dynamos while using his body position to help open up lanes. He's been the classic create room for his teammates guy except that we usually think of those guys as throwing big hits, which he doesn't do. Is that a recipie for stardom? No, but it is the quintisenssal 3C game, and that works just fine at 2C when your wings are Svech and new look Necas.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
We need Mike Leggo back in the league. He's the ref who once just said, "you can't do that."
For a second, I thought you were talking about David Leggio, who was the goalie who realized that if you intentionally pushed the net off the pegs during a breakaway it was only a 2 minute penalty and not a penalty shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad