GDT: Game 2: Avalanche vs Flyers | October 6, 2018 | 7 PM MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
All of the comments I would have made if I watched the game live:

Sam Girard: #1 Defenseman.

Kerfoot line has gotten shit done.

Compher looks really good.

Cole looks solid.

Top line has struggled to get things set up.

Having either Girard or Barrie out on the ice almost at all times is a godsend.

Wilson doing good forechecking

Kerf with beat the icing speed

Girard looks threatening just breaking out

Compher with matching penalty with Vorachek level agitation.

Classic Landy goal

There’s my raging bull MacKinnon

Power play #1 looked decent. Good Control, not enough movement. Everyone standing.
Same for PP #2 Need to figure out how to counter the static PK defense.

Unit #2 comes on and immediately has a great opportunity.

Kerfoot isn’t going to sophomore slump, he’s going to break out. He’s got his talent he showed last year + much better “workmanship” and “battle”

Ecstatic over Girard’s stickwork against top line opposition.

Mackinnon looking to lay guys out.

Godlomov.

The flyers are fun to watch.

Seeing some Mikko puck magic again.

Avs have been passing really well. Good to see that already established this early in the season.

Sam Girard does a very good job of making himself virtually unhittable.

Second godlike Girard pass of the night.

Second PP!!!!

I wish Varly had just the bare minimum of puckhandling skills.

Classic EJ on his back with his hands up while sort of on top of the puck.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was an ugly game, not in terms of Avs playing bad, but how it was a really grind sort of gritty type of game.

- Barberio is a goof and fully to blame, but Varlamov absolutely deserved that nonsense. I hope this teaches him not to cover delayed icings anymore.

- I am absolutely loving the Barrie and Cole pairing.

- I told you guys that Wilson looked fitter, seems he got faster and stronger in the course of just one offseason. Him and Soderberg were by far the best Avs tonight I thought. That second PP unit has been complete money in the start of the season.

- Loved Calvert's game; he doesn't need to score, but just provide that type of worth ethic and he will lead this team to wins.

- PK was night and day difference compared to the Wild.

- MacKinnon is getting 90's dead era interference all over the freakin' rink yet he keeps putting up points. I don't think he looked good at all, but every team watching him is opening space up for the other lines.

- Besides Barberio I thought Zadorov was the worst player today. Really slow at everything and drifted out of position during Philly's best chances. I think he's a slow starter, but I really want to see him try and do some more things offencively.

- Landeskog did not look good, in these last two games he's having this really weird custom where he's over-stickhandling constantly.

- Everyone was falling all over the place today, did the Nuggets play some random game the night before? It was like bowling for Wilson's first goal which took out two Flyer players, lol.

- That steal and poke by Rantanen at the end there was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I am absolutely loving the Barrie and Cole pairing.

No word on the first pairing? I thought they were good tonight. We have a solid top 4.

The problem is Zadorov and Barbs need to not play together. Does Nemeth play on the right side? Because if we keep that top 4 then Zadorov is becoming a 3rd pairing guy and it's not working with Barbs. Since I absolutely don't want to see Z playing on his weak side Nemeth will have to play on the right.

I said the other day in another thread that losing Z wouldn't be a disaster and got yelled at by the entire board. Tonight illustrated well what I meant.

I think Nemeth - Barbs is better balanced than Zadorov - Barbs or Zadorov - Nemeth.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No word on the first pairing? I thought they were good tonight. We have a solid top 4.

The problem is Zadorov and Barbs need to not play together. Does Nemeth play on the right side? Because if we keep that top 4 then Zadorov is becoming a 3rd pairing guy and it's not working with Barbs. Since I absolutely don't want to see Z playing on his weak side Nemeth will have to play on the right.

I said the other day in another thread that losing Z wouldn't be a disaster and got yelled at by the entire board. Tonight illustrated well what I meant.

I think Nemeth - Barbs is better balanced than Zadorov - Barbs or Zadorov - Nemeth.

You really want to see the D-man on the team with the least amount of puck skill play his off-side?

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
WTF, Wilson? What a great game by him, not only because of the goals. I also loved Compher and our centers in general. Kerfoot's having a monster start of the season and Girard is hockey. I don't even know what his biggest strength is. The whole d is great right now. Barberio had a spectacular night, to say it friendly, but he was solid in most situations. The first powerplay unit needs to play with more urgency but this was just a great, convincing win.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
2 wins out of 2 and the top line is yet to get out of 2nd gear.

There's no way Girard is 20, he plays like a ten year veteran.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The Re-Emergence of Colin Wilson as a Legitimate NHL Power Forward
It's a contract year. Look at what he did with Nashville, the one year he hit 20 goals was a contract year. Enjoy the fact that he will produce this year ( well until he gets hurt, once he gets an injury his production is done for the year ), but then pray the management doesn't overpay him on a longer term deal because of it.

Gratz on the wins by the way, fun team to watch.

Reactions: Avs44 and Goulet17

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It's a contract year. Look at what he did with Nashville, the one year he hit 20 goals was a contract year. Enjoy the fact that he will produce this year ( well until he gets hurt, once he gets an injury his production is done for the year ), but then pray the management doesn't overpay him on a longer term deal because of it.

Gratz on the wins by the way, fun team to watch.
That is definetly a factor, but he was also perpetually injured and had an undisclosed illness he could shake off throughout the year. Furthermore, there is likely 0 chance he gets re-signed with all the kids potentially coming in, in the next couple of years. Unless he signs a one year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad