Post-Game Talk: GAME 19: Canucks 1, Rangers 2: Point streak over! Ice bags brought out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Nobody ever said that goals don't happen off faceoffs.

The point is that when every team is between 47% and 53% every year, there is no significant advantage to be gained.

For every goal we give up on faceoffs, we'll score one at one point as well.

If a team could go 80% on faceoffs over a full season, then the advantage generated would be stastically significant. But that will never happen.

I'm sorry but to me that sounds like "If a team could go 80% on Corsi over a full season then the advantage generated would be statistically significant. But that will never happen." Hockey's a game of inches and every little advantage is huge because the level of competition is so high and the talent level between teams is so close.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Can you imagine Bo's internal reaction to that last pass? Must take everything in him not to smash his stick on the ice.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Pouliot is straight trash.

Green's uninhibited love for Pouliot is bewildering. He's quick to staple Goldy, yet Pouliot gets chance after chance despite gaffe after gaffe.

He's clearly a terrible PP QB. Yet he's the only guy who gets thrown out there. It's just wild.

Reactions: geebaan

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
As others have already said: Pouliot is terrible.

Like, he is not NHL calibre. At all.

Coasting by off his 1st rounder reputation. He plays at 50% urgency at all times, turns the puck over at least three times a game, constantly makes boneheaded pinches, can't ever hold the puck in at the line...it's difficult to watch.

Reactions: vanarchy

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
cut.jpg

;)
Look at that fat f*** laugh in the face of anyone thinking he would never win a stanley cup!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry but to me that sounds like "If a team could go 80% on Corsi over a full season then the advantage generated would be statistically significant. But that will never happen." Hockey's a game of inches and every little advantage is huge because the level of competition is so high and the talent level between teams is so close.

Of course holding everything else the same you'd prefer the small advantage of being better on faceoffs.

But the difference between being a good faceoff team and a bad faceoff team is 1-2 possession changes/game in a sport that features literally hundreds of possession changes every game.

To prioritize that tiny metric over getting in players who are actually better at playing hockey or to spend huge UFA premiums on bottom-roster players just for their faceoff ability is terrible management.

Reactions: timw33

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I want Hutton on PP1. Goldy not playing great at all but who can replace him? The ranks are depleted.

member 290103

Green's uninhibited love for Pouliot is bewildering. He's quick to staple Goldy, yet Pouliot gets chance after chance despite gaffe after gaffe.

He's clearly a terrible PP QB. Yet he's the only guy who gets thrown out there. It's just wild.

Honestly, it's like it's minor hockey and he is the coaches son or something. There is no plausible explanation for it. I get it that he was good like 5-7 years ago in juniors, but it's not juniors. Cmon Green. Run Stecher out there. He might not have a shot, but he's smarter than Pouliot and ran the PP in College and juniors too.

Green is out of his mind with this nonsense.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
A majority of NHL players won’t win a Cup.
Goldobin, Pouliot, Granlund aren't even NHL players. They might win a Calder Cup, but they'll never win a Stanley Cup, so they'll never play on my roster. Soft, weak, small, slow with little skill don't play on Cup winning teams.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Goldobin, Pouliot, Granlund aren't even NHL players. They might win a Calder Cup, but they'll never win a Stanley Cup, so they'll never play on my roster. Soft, weak, small, slow with little skill don't play on Cup winning teams.

it's a weird statement to make since there's a bunch of dog shit passengers on literally every cup winning team.

do you really think the 2017 penguins don't win the cup if they replace carter rowney with granlund or goldobin

Reactions: Nomobo

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Granlund is a decent player, he’s filling in as a third line Center matching up against good lines and is doing an ok job given the circumstances. Goldy is polarizing he makes a good play and then a bad one, it’s like this over and over again. Pouliot sucks lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad