Half-Assed GDT: Game #18 Blues host Golden Knights 7pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I'm fine with that. But, when you know Buch-Kyrou has chemistry and Barb-Thomas-Tarasenko has chemistry, WHY break that up!

Because the overall lineup is better with them separated. I'd be interested to see what our record is with them together versus apart.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
blues have to keep outscoring their problems, a challenge, even for a deep forward squad

Reactions: mk80

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Knights do a lot of clutching and grabbing and holding on too long. Pietrangelo held long, and then tripped a Blue, and a Knight held Neals stick for seemingly 4-5 seconds.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Well poor start but we turned it around. Had we scored a 4th quickly or if we do quick in the 2nd that would be the end of Lehner's night

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Because the overall lineup is better with them separated. I'd be interested to see what our record is with them together versus apart.
We were 100% better with Kyrou separated from RoR-Perron and with Buch. I'd even be willing to say it's closer to Kyrou and Perron don't work well together. Because, even tho we lost, the Kyrou-RoR-Buch line was pretty decent.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wild 1st Period. I'm glad The Blues came back after the terrible start. But they got really sloppy again after their 3-goal flurry. Binnington was TERRIBLE on BOTH of the Knights' goals. That worries me. He's had some bad spells this season, so far. He's either lights out or terrible. I hope The Blues play a little more calmly and confidently from here out.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The first game between these teams was 43-38 in shots and Binnington made 42 saves. But tonight neither guy looks sharp and Lehner let the Blues off the mat. There seem to be a lot of rebounds available to Blues sticks in the offensive zone

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's really not. Kyrou and Thomas are exciting players who have been great off the rush, but rush reliant teams rarely go deep. They need to take significant steps forward with offensive zone possession to be a true top line in this league. I don't think Perron and ROR are as bad as they have been this season, but they're not getting younger. Tarasenko no longer controls the play like he used to. All of these things make a big difference in being able to contend and it's not even touching on how much worse our defense is.
I agree that we are struggling to find our identity, but we sometimes remember that team as better than it was bc of final result. We had lots of mediocre guys on that team in key roles. Sanford, Blais, maroon, Dunn, Gunnar, Eddie, and Borts were all fairly mediocre guys, although some made key contributions. Other than 3rd pairing d, none of those guys are good enough to play for this team,

Reactions: mk80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad