GDT: Game 16: Avs @ Jets | 6 PM MT | November 9, 2018 | Oh No, We Suck Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Special teams and brain farts did it to us again. Seriously someone needs to look at Varly in Western Canada. If you see his stat line round here you wouldnt think of playing him. He was shaky all night and let in one of the worse goals I seen this season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
One of the more frustrating games this season. Jets have been the better team but the Avs also just can't take advantage of their opportunities and get out of their own way. At least EJ and Jost have scored.
Really??? You forgot about Calgary and Vancouver? This is a game you expect. Forget frustration, Win when you should.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
We had some momentum going after the EJ goal - and then Mac killed it.
And then again got some swagger going after Jost scored - before our PP/PK gave the game away.
We make way to many mistakes to be a good hockey team - and this is going on since the Minni game.
This has to stop soon - or we are missing the Playoffs by a mile; but maybe that's not a bad thing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Been sick of that since 2009.

I mean yeah, but we still had our crap defense and no help coming for that back then.

Now everything we having coming is two or more years out from really contributing at a high level, and that includes Makar.

Makar, Bowers, Kaut, Ott 2018, Avs 2018, etc..

EVERYTHING we have will most likely take at least another two years AFTER THIS to be counted on in a top role.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That Dano offside at the end honestly made me so angry, and the game was over at that point. How does that happen? Kamenev was PISSED, too. Like, how is this plug in the NHL?

I hope that spells the end of his tenure here. He's not the biggest problem but he's part of it.

Another bad game from the top line, but that's par for the course over the last two weeks.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Really not a fan of how Bednar has turned us into a 3 line team. All it does is lead to overplaying of the top line and leading to mistakes/lack of offense because they are tired out. I hope Joe sits him down and just says 'live or die by the guys you're given'. Give Kamenev and Dano more minutes. If it leads to more GA (which instead, when done properly will only give these guys confidence) then it will force Joe to get more forward depth. We've played some good teams, sure, but the current scheme isn't working.

Reactions: Pomee

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Really not a fan of how Bednar has turned us into a 3 line team. All it does is lead to overplaying of the top line and leading to mistakes/lack of offense because they are tired out. I hope Joe sits him down and just says 'live or die by the guys you're given'. Give Kamenev and Dano more minutes. If it leads to more GA (which instead, when done properly will only give these guys confidence) then it will force Joe to get more forward depth. We've played some good teams, sure, but the current scheme isn't working.

You really want Dano with more minutes? Seriously?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
My god, Tyson Barrie sucks. Sat right behind the Avs net for 2 periods, and Girard is so much better than him at every aspect of hockey other than passing MacKinnon the puck on the power play. His ability to control a break out is next to none right now.

What a pathetic performance by MacKinnon too. Destroyed any chance at a comeback with that lazy turnover.

The only impressive player tonight was Girard. And Varlamov saved that first period from becoming a 7-0 blowout.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Good ol' Avs hockey again!
All the good teams (Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg) have shut out our top line and when that happens we loose.
Plus our goaltending hasn't been nearly good enough.
Like I said before the season we are a 70-80 point team this year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Really wish the Avs had someone like Bordeleau still to chase Buff around all game. That type of player would have more impact than Bourque, Dano, Kamenev, etc.

Buff crushing Girard and then throwing down Landeskog had the crowd horny. Just like when he smoked Barrie and choke slammed Mitchell. Or beating down Greer and singing in the penalty box clapping along to the jumbotron for 20 minutes.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Good ol' Avs hockey again!
All the good teams (Tampa, Nashville, Winnipeg) have shut out our top line and when that happens we loose.
Plus our goaltending hasn't been nearly good enough.
Like I said before the season we are a 70-80 point team this year.
If Mac/Rants continue slumping maybe even less. God dammit i hate to be a "Negative Nancy" but the last couple of weeks destroyed me. They did it, i don't care anymore. At least for now. :(

Good night.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Really wish the Avs had someone like Bordeleau still to chase Buff around all game. That type of player would have more impact than Bourque, Dano, Kamenev, etc.

Buff crushing Girard and then throwing down Landeskog had the crowd horny. Just like when he smoked Barrie and choke slammed Mitchell.

Chasing him around all game is the right words for sure.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Speaking of, why was he called up?

He could've at least played in the AHL today.
Nieto is banged up. Jost coming off a concussion and they’re on a western Canada road trip. You need at least one extra healthy forward in case something comes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad