GDT: Game 16: Avs @ Jets | 6 PM MT | November 9, 2018 | Oh No, We Suck Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Remember the good ol' days of a few weeks ago when this was a good team? Ah, memories.

Reactions: Weast

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know everyone thinks the top line simply sucks tonight but that’s just being ignorant to the Wheeler line. Yeah Mac and Co have looked bad but a large reason is that Wheeler’s line have just been dominant. That leads to Mackinnon getting frustrated and trying to force plays and everything just multiplies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
McDavid is gonna run over this team on Sunday also, so big slide and no end in sight...

Jack Hughes and Kappo Kakko are both in sight though.

I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine. But I certainly feel like pretty much all of our problems would be solved going forward with 2 Top 5 picks in next years draft. Get the 2C we need in either Hughes or Cozens/Dach, and then grab an elite winger to pair with the Center in Kakko or Podkolzin.

Toss in Makar joining the back end.... It's the reason I'm not terribly upset if we do poorly this year. Obviously the hope is playoffs but if not this team still has an incredibly bright future with a lot of high end young talent on it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of the more frustrating games this season. Jets have been the better team but the Avs also just can't take advantage of their opportunities and get out of their own way. At least EJ and Jost have scored.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I'm a fan of Dries, he's very quick and a hard worker. Could make a great long term 4th liner assuming he continues to get better and learn.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I dont think this team ever recovered from choking away Vancouver and Calgary games. Couple that with an absolutely horrible schendule and its not too surprising this team is free falling.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I like Bednar as a coach but he has to put some talent around Söderberg so we can have another line posing a threat when the first line is shut down or in a rut. Enough with this "can put them out there in every situation" thinking.

Reactions: Avs

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think Frank should start the next game in goal.

Definetely. Varlamov had a very poor third period against Calgary, a mediocre game against Nashville (and let in that really poor second goal), and has been fairly unimpressive tonight.

But at the end of the day none of this is too surprising. Top line was pretty bad tonight. But the depth on this club is bottom 5 worthy. Might even be bottom 3.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Jack Hughes and Kappo Kakko are both in sight though.

I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine. But I certainly feel like pretty much all of our problems would be solved going forward with 2 Top 5 picks in next years draft. Get the 2C we need in either Hughes or Cozens/Dach, and then grab an elite winger to pair with the Center in Kakko or Podkolzin.

Toss in Makar joining the back end.... It's the reason I'm not terribly upset if we do poorly this year. Obviously the hope is playoffs but if not this team still has an incredibly bright future with a lot of high end young talent on it.
We're not bad enough to have a good chance at a top 5 pick. Unless we get a ton of lottery luck, we're 10-15 while struggling to make the playoffs.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Didnt see the game but that's what, 5 in a row now? Not saying there should be a panic trade but something is wrong with the team now and something needs to change.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Letting the kids grow together is good and all, but it's not enough. We need some good players to take some pressure off the top line.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If this continues I dont know what to say, go for that killer draft with 2 top picks and make a coaching change. Quenneville is out there, probably not for long though.

This team forgot how to play hockey after having to sit out for few days, that's on coaches to make sure they ready to play no matter what. Long breaks shouldn't make the team be this bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad