GDT: Game 15 - New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Inanna. One of those multitasking goddesses. To wit:

Inanna[a] is the ancient Mesopotamian goddess of love, war, and fertility. She is also associated with beauty, sex, divine law, and political power. Originally worshiped in Sumer, she was known by the Akkadian Empire, Babylonians, and Assyrians as IshtarInanna - Wikipedia (and occasionally the logogram 𒌋𒁯). Her primary title was "the Queen of Heaven".

Wikipedia has about an hour's worth of knowledge on her and all sorts of illustrations if you're into that sort of stuff. I just thought it was a cooler name then being named after a dead grandma.
Whatever you say, Banana

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Is it just me or does it feel like some guys abruptly disappear from this board without a word?

It's like being ghosted on Facebook. Day after day they make comments like the rest of us and then suddenly vanish.

I'm thinking of names like Sceleton, TomServoM3TSK, Stumbledore, Aries56, Gm0ney. There's probably tons more that I can't recall at the moment. They've all disappeared, like a devil collected them.

I wonder what gives. They can't all have dropped dead. Or is it that we're boring?

And yet, some posters like yours truly just keeps right on posting. I mean, why don't I get a clue and just stay away?

I guess I will never learn.

Inanna. One of those multitasking goddesses. To wit:

Inanna[a] is the ancient Mesopotamian goddess of love, war, and fertility. She is also associated with beauty, sex, divine law, and political power. Originally worshiped in Sumer, she was known by the Akkadian Empire, Babylonians, and Assyrians as IshtarInanna - Wikipedia (and occasionally the logogram 𒌋𒁯). Her primary title was "the Queen of Heaven".

Wikipedia has about an hour's worth of knowledge on her and all sorts of illustrations if you're into that sort of stuff. I just thought it was a cooler name then being named after a dead grandma.

Is it sad that I already knew where the name Innana came from way before now?

Yep, huge nerd here :laugh:

EDIT: Actually, I originally thought that was Babylonian and not Mesopotamian, so I did learn something new after all.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Is it just me or does it feel like some guys abruptly disappear from this board without a word?

It's like being ghosted on Facebook. Day after day they make comments like the rest of us and then suddenly vanish.

I'm thinking of names like Sceleton, TomServoM3TSK, Stumbledore, Aries56, Gm0ney. There's probably tons more that I can't recall at the moment. They've all disappeared, like a devil collected them.

I wonder what gives. They can't all have dropped dead. Or is it that we're boring?

Meanwhile, I'm still here. Which to most of you is like how someone can shoot John Lennon eight times and Yoko Ono is STANDING RIGHT THERE and yet...

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
Meanwhile, I'm still here. Which to most of you is like how someone can shoot John Lennon eight times and Yoko Ono is STANDING RIGHT THERE and yet...
Speaking of John Lennon, did you know that he was shot by Stephen King and not Mark David Chapman.:popcorn:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
More? I'm trying to finish a degree, hold down a part-time job, keep my friends, have a sex life, and get some sleep now and then. I'm spending too much time in here as it is. I was promised 2-3 shifts a week, now I'm often doing 4-5.
Do you lead with that on tinder?

Reactions: Cotton Eye Joe

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
.. I feel like there's a punchline incoming here, but I'll bite: "No, I didn't. Where'd you hear that?"
It's a weird story , but , apparently both the gunman and King's appearance both looked the same in December 1980, Yoko Ono Did nothing during the shooting because she might have recognized the gunman. King was doing a lot of Coke during this time and has no memory of being in New York during that time and the kicker is that King was apparently set up by none other then Presidents Reagan and Nixon through messages in magazines to carry out the assassination.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
A lot of similar numbers between the two teams, except for the PP, although the Jets have been better in their last 5 games with a 27.8%.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 6.09.53 PM.png

Jets have owned the Devils (17-4 since Jets relocation). The Devils weren't a great team but that's still an impressive record.
Scheifele 16Gp 11G 12A 23PTS vs the Devils. Still remember that OT winner Scheifele scored against them with some great hustle, stealing the puck from Hischier and scoring on his own rebound in 2018.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 6.18.14 PM.png

Jets are only 3-3-1 at home this season and have yet to win consecutive games at home.
Jets are + 42 in shot differential which is 2nd best in the NHL. Not too shabby!

With 4 goals in his first 14 games Brenden Dillon is only 2 off his career high of 6 goals. He currently has a shooting % of 23.5 and if I know how stats work (and I think I do) that number will only increase as the season hums along. (His career shooting % is 3.7)

Ehlers and Pionk with important Games Played stats tonight.
Pionk playing in his 400th NHL game and Ehlers passing Slava Kozlov for 10th in franchise history.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 6.05.40 PM.png

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
More? I'm trying to finish a degree, hold down a part-time job, keep my friends, have a sex life, and get some sleep now and then. I'm spending too much time in here as it is. I was promised 2-3 shifts a week, now I'm often doing 4-5.
If they are asking you to do 4-5 shifts, then bravo to you. As a former service industry worker it means you’re doing well in your job.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
If they are asking you to do 4-5 shifts, then bravo to you. As a former service industry worker it means you’re doing well in your job.
Yeah, and the money is crazy good, too. Which contributes to the problem.

Why on earth are we starting Stanley tonight? We have at least 8 defensemen in our system who should be starting ahead of him.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Hey Buggs....

You think there might be someone else on this board that knew our lost friend we saw honored today... ?

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth

Sum change their names because of too many beer posts

edit: BTW If the Sharks Oil and Nucks all make the playoofs, I think my new name has to be Best Canucks Fan or something like that... lol

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Why on earth are we starting Stanley tonight? We have at least 8 defensemen in our system who should be starting ahead of him.

Given that you can work 5 nights a week in a restaurant and cover sections well...

Perhaps the Jets should be starting you on his side of the ice at defense...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Placeholder for when Heinola comes in as the 7th defenceman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad