GDT: Game 15 - New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Is it just me or does it feel like some guys abruptly disappear from this board without a word?

It's like being ghosted on Facebook. Day after day they make comments like the rest of us and then suddenly vanish.

I'm thinking of names like Sceleton, TomServoM3TSK, Stumbledore, Aries56, Gm0ney. There's probably tons more that I can't recall at the moment. They've all disappeared, like a devil collected them.

I wonder what gives. They can't all have dropped dead. Or is it that we're boring?
Maybe if Jets beat the Devils they magically re-appear?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Is it just me or does it feel like some guys abruptly disappear from this board without a word?

It's like being ghosted on Facebook. Day after day they make comments like the rest of us and then suddenly vanish.

I'm thinking of names like Sceleton, TomServoM3TSK, Stumbledore, Aries56, Gm0ney. There's probably tons more that I can't recall at the moment. They've all disappeared, like a devil collected them.

I wonder what gives. They can't all have dropped dead. Or is it that we're boring?
I bet if you posted more, Stumblemore would reappear.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Jesus i hope not, i hate funerals .:naughty:

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006

Sounds like the lady might be missing old Stumbledore.

Last edited:

None

Feb 22, 2012

People come and go :dunno:

Add 'em to the list:
YWGinYYZ, Hammer Slammer, garret9, Guerzy, Aavco Cup, allan5oh, JC Numminen, Strongeer, Rheged, meedle, HannuJ, Gump Hasek, Noeller, wpgsilver, jefferoni, Mathew Purrr Oh, mzappa, Thai Jet

Though I don't think a week without posting means they've fallen off the Earth. @scelaton @Tom ServoMST3K @Gm0ney @Stumbledore @Aries56

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii

Verifying.
Present and accounted for.
Or could it be that we are dead and they are currently living in the world where the jets either don’t exist or never win?
🤔

• Love
Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Verifying.
Present and accounted for.
Or could it be that we are dead and they are currently living in the world where the jets either don’t exist or never win?
🤔
I think its possible that my cubicle is actually the central command tent of Xerxes I in the Persian encampment proximal to the battlefield of Plataea. Hang on.... the Persians lost that one! AAaaaaaaaaa...... <<death knell>>:sarcasm:

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 2.58.08 PM.png

Oh, and I hope Schuffles pounds home one or two goals..

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think its possible that my cubicle is actually the central command tent of Xerxes I in the Persian encampment proximal to the battlefield of Plataea. Hang on.... the Persians lost that one! AAaaaaaaaaa...... <<death knell>>:sarcasm:

View attachment 768166

Oh, and I hope Schuffles pounds home one or two goals..

Two goals for the Chef...

200.gif

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Not necessarily from the Jets perspective, but from the fan perspective I wish both Jack Hughes and Hischier were playing tonight…would have been nice to watch the kid play. Hughes especially is pretty impressive…hopefully the young bro doesn’t torch us.

Go Jets!

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Add 'em to the list:
YWGinYYZ, Hammer Slammer, garret9, Guerzy, Aavco Cup, allan5oh, JC Numminen, Strongeer, Rheged, meedle, HannuJ, Gump Hasek, Noeller, wpgsilver, jefferoni, Mathew Purrr Oh, mzappa, Thai Jet

Though I don't think a week without posting means they've fallen off the Earth. @scelaton @Tom ServoMST3K @Gm0ney @Stumbledore @Aries56

Many of those posters are active on twitter, garret and Aavco are the obvious ones but I see Mattew Purr Oh, Gm0ney on jets twitter as well

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I bet if you posted more, Stumblemore would reappear.
More? I'm trying to finish a degree, hold down a part-time job, keep my friends, have a sex life, and get some sleep now and then. I'm spending too much time in here as it is. I was promised 2-3 shifts a week, now I'm often doing 4-5.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Many of those posters are active on twitter, garret and Aavco are the obvious ones but I see Mattew Purr Oh, Gm0ney on jets twitter as well

Yep, Hammer Slammer used to be active on twitter as well.

I debated adding garret9 and wpgchief at all because they still post infrequently :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsFan815

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)

Add 'em to the list:

I’m missing @GingerPapa
Even before the Bombers took the Lions..

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Sometimes some of us just don't have anything to say. At least once a day I have a response to a post typed out and think to myself "this isn't even worth saying" and delete it

BTW, I juat realized that I've been reading your user name as "Ianna" all this time lol

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

Add 'em to the list:

One of the good ones @Afterburner does drive byes once in a while, another one of the fun brigade @Ginger Papa has disappeared.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Sometimes some of us just don't have anything to say. At least once a day I have a response to a post typed out and think to myself "this isn't even worth saying" and delete it

BTW, I juat realized that I've been reading your user name as "Ianna" all this time lol
Inanna. One of those multitasking goddesses. To wit:

Inanna[a] is the ancient Mesopotamian goddess of love, war, and fertility. She is also associated with beauty, sex, divine law, and political power. Originally worshiped in Sumer, she was known by the Akkadian Empire, Babylonians, and Assyrians as IshtarInanna - Wikipedia (and occasionally the logogram 𒌋𒁯). Her primary title was "the Queen of Heaven".

Wikipedia has about an hour's worth of knowledge on her and all sorts of illustrations if you're into that sort of stuff. I just thought it was a cooler name then being named after a dead grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad