GDT: Game #14 : KINGS @ OILERS - Tuesday, 2/19/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Kings have done a good job when they can actually get the puck to the forwards. Problem is that didn't happen at all in the first period. Second period was a lot better though.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Blame the D all you want...Kings have 1 goal.

From Fraser...

When the forwards have to spend that much more time covering for the defense you aren't going to get many goals. Kings have had scoring chances but the defense has been awful. That penalty Drewiske took was ridiculous.

KingKopitar11*

If you spend the entire game Defending because of your young Inexperience D....You have no Offense.

So true because the Oilers have top notch defense and goaltending too. They should be defending our bigger better forwards but they aren't.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings have done a good job when they can actually get the puck to the forwards. Problem is that didn't happen at all in the first period. Second period was a lot better though.

Yup

Just like Sutter said when asked about Offense.

"Offense doesn't matter if we keep Defending like we do".

"GAA and SV% has to get better, or no playoff's"

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
That's not a softie. At all.

That's true. But when you can't score, every goal against Quick gets magnified. If he can't get a shootout or hold a team to 1 goal, .... unfortunately, he gets scritinized too much at times (I am guilty of that at times as well - but,... he deserves it when I bring it up :sarcasm: )

"...another low scoring game." - Bob Miller. ya think? :laugh:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
When is Kopi going to wake up? We can't win many games when our only goals comes from our 4th line, especially when it's against bad teams like the Oilers.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Please. DD has been very good considering what he's been asked to do. He made a mistake, chill out guys. :shakehead

He makes mistakes all the time. He's not NHL caliber. You may be willing to wait but I for one am not. How can we settle for mediocrity. We won the Cup, lets keep it going. Just like our players, we're way to passive about the play.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The guy is being misused in Edmonton. He's a great 3rd line talent. Think jere Lehtinen, just not that good.

He's nothing like Afino outside of having speed.

He's nothing like Lehtinen. He may end up as a good 3rd liner but right now he's a fast perimeter player with questionable finish.

bobafettish*

surpisded oilers only have 17 shots, its like every other shift they get an odd man rush.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Fistic and Petry are playing very well, they are separating Kings from pucks and getting it to forwards fast.

Not sure about the Kings. Quick looks good.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
IMO we have looked best all season when whatever line Carter is on is out there at the same time as Voynov. When Slava is out there the puck comes flying to our forwards. All the other pairings have someone carrying an inexperienced guy so it's no surprise they aren't as effective.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
He makes mistakes all the time. He's not NHL caliber. You may be willing to wait but I for one am not. How can we settle for mediocrity. We won the Cup, lets keep it going. Just like our players, we're way to passive about the play.

I'm not waiting, I'm liking what he does now. I know he makes some mistakes, but so do all players. He'd be doing better in a more sheltered setting for his abilities, but that can be said of all our D, including Doughty.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
IMO we have looked best all season when whatever line Carter is on is out there at the same time as Voynov. When Slava is out there the puck comes flying to our forwards. All the other pairings have someone carrying an inexperienced guy so it's no surprise they aren't as effective.

Drew is a little guilty of moving the puck poorly last few games. But he is having to cover a lot of Ellerby.

Slava doesn't have to worry he can just move the puck, cause Scuds is there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If Scuds goes down at all, the Kings season is over.

That would mean 4 AHL caliber or waiver pickups on the Blue line.

No one is going to trade the Kings a quality D man for a decent price.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Our D as a whole is just horrific. Muzzin and Drewiske just aren't NHL defenseman. We have two d-men that can move the puck out of our zone. Not going to win many games with that set up. Our offense is only struggling because we have no breakout. I constantly see our center men circling back to receive a break out pass only for the d-man to circle back to his partner or try to push something up the boards. Really bad.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

Who says anyone is settling?

Please, show me the plan. Show me who you would deal DavisD for to shore up our play? Show me who you would target and then who on our team you would deal to accomplish the plan. Show me what kid you are willing to possibly ruin by bringing them up and then placing the success of the team on? Show me exactly what you would do differently and then HOW you would do it.

I honestly want to know because that is what keeps being said, "we are accepting mediocrity". Maybe we are accepting the fact that we aren't entirely aware of everything that is being done behind the scenes or what is being attempted either by our mgmt or our players both healthy and injured.

So really, show me what you would do differently and how you would go about doing it.

Not just what players you do or don't like but who you would replace them with and what you would use to get those players in Kings uni's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad