GDT: Game #14 : KINGS @ OILERS - Tuesday, 2/19/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Our D as a whole is just horrific. Muzzin and Drewiske just aren't NHL defenseman. We have two d-men that can move the puck out of our zone. Not going to win many games with that set up. Our offense is only struggling because we have no breakout. I constantly see our center men circling back to receive a break out pass only for the d-man to circle back to his partner or try to push something up the boards. Really bad.

Bingo....

Going to be a long season, with this many D hurt.

It's also a reason the Oilers are awful 5 on 5....They have no breakout.

They just have good foot speed.

Even with all that speed and skill, the Oilers are the worse team in the league 5 on 5.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
He's nothing like Lehtinen. He may end up as a good 3rd liner but right now he's a fast perimeter player with questionable finish.

We can disagree, but I've viewed him as a Lehtinen type since his draft year. The guy has very good two-way ability, not to Lehtinen's level or that of a top-10 pick, but he's got 25-35-60 skill level and the ability to play the PK. The Oilers haven't used him well at all and his development has been stunted as a result.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
When is Kopi going to wake up? We can't win many games when our only goals comes from our 4th line, especially when it's against bad teams like the Oilers.

The best shift Kopitar had all night was on the opening faceoff when he got a shot off

Sydor25

LA Kings
Kings will go no where until Brown, Kopitar and Doughty start scoring.

Look at the top teams in the league. All of them have their top six producing on a nightly basis. We can ***** about the bottom six until we are blue in the face, but until the top 6 start producing consistently, the Kings are just another non-playoff team.

With three of the top 6 defensemen hurt, the Kings are not equipped to win 3-2 and 2-1 games anymore.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Ferraro is dead on as usual with Doughty's turnovers and Brown's invisibility.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
We can disagree, but I've viewed him as a Lehtinen type since his draft year. The guy has very good two-way ability, not to Lehtinen's level or that of a top-10 pick, but he's got 25-35-60 skill level and the ability to play the PK. The Oilers haven't used him well at all and his development has been stunted as a result.

We definitely disagree. And a two-way player that puts up 60 points (I know you're not saying he would do that every year) would be a worthy top 10 pick and a top six player and not third liner. Problem is MPS hasn't shown that ability.

If he ever ends up on the Kings I hope you're right and I'm wrong though. :laugh:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Besides injuries (God forbid), what will it take to get Toffoli called up?

The rest of this season.

He might get a cup of tea once we get healthy but that should be about it. He isn't quite ready yet and if you rush him you risk ruining his career. Now isn't the time to bring him up. Too much pressure and just poor timing.

We have other offencive kids who are older and more ready. Kozun is a very good scoring/checking forward who is as ready as he is going to be. Bring him up.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Who says anyone is settling?

Please, show me the plan. Show me who you would deal DavisD for to shore up our play? Show me who you would target and then who on our team you would deal to accomplish the plan. Show me what kid you are willing to possibly ruin by bringing them up and then placing the success of the team on? Show me exactly what you would do differently and then HOW you would do it.

I honestly want to know because that is what keeps being said, "we are accepting mediocrity". Maybe we are accepting the fact that we aren't entirely aware of everything that is being done behind the scenes or what is being attempted either by our mgmt or our players both healthy and injured.

So really, show me what you would do differently and how you would go about doing it.

Not just what players you do or don't like but who you would replace them with and what you would use to get those players in Kings uni's.

Add some speed to our lineup would be an order of business. How well is dominated the boards with big lumbering forwards working out? It certainly isnt producing any goals just like it didnt last year. Toffoli? Vey? Kozun? Speed and skill that can be added to the lineup. Edmonton is making us look silly the way their speed is dominating us. Chicago moved the puck around us like we were a bunch of tykes.

Bernier and Stoll offer trading chips that represent some value. I would suggest King does as well. If they can not get you a return to shake things up Id be surprised.

Quit playing on the perimeter for the entire powerplay. Attack the middle, create some space and get the guys to start finishing their chances. We hardly generate any shots.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
Is there a team that hasn't made Kopitar look like ****, oh wait he's been playing like **** since forever.

It really is fascinating how terrible Kopitar has been this season. I mean it's Anze Kopitar and he looks like utter ****.

People can talk about our D, and Richards, and Brown, and Gagne all they want in the end Kopitar is the one letting us down the most.

Flames'd

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Got money on you guys tonight. What's up with the offense? All those great skilled players and it just looks like a struggle.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Canucks fan here, pleaseeee beat the oilers, if they win tonight i will never stop hearing about the new 88 dynasty they are building here in alberta.

And did anyone hit yakupov this game after last game overreaction.

KingKopitar11*

The Oilers defense is so good that our 4th line almost scored. Poor Kopitar is getting hounded by 2 Norris candidates that explains everything.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
We definitely disagree. And a two-way player that puts up 60 points (I know you're not saying he would do that every year) would be a worthy top 10 pick and a top six player and not third liner. Problem is MPS hasn't shown that ability.

If he ever ends up on the Kings I hope you're right and I'm wrong though. :laugh:

Haha, yeah, if he could do that every season, definately worth a top ten pick. I hope we get a chance to find out which of us is right :D

no boarding? fraser did much less and got called

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad