GDT: GAME 13: HABS @ WINGS | Slip Slidin' | Thurs. Nov. 9th, 2023, 7PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
The impatience around here continues to amaze me, though I know it shouldn't.

People on the one hand lament the lack of talent in the healthy roster and felt sure that this roster was a bottom 3-5 team heading into the season.

Cue losing #2C & #2-3D from that talent starved roster, yet the team sits right in the middle tier of the league 1/6 of the season in...

and some are already complaining about the coach :facepalm:

expectations remain completely disconnected from their very own assessments about the quality of the team.

MSL has his challenges and room for growth, no doubt. But with the roster he's had to work with since being hired, the injury pandemic they've faced, and the scrutiny of coaching in one of the biggest fan/media spotlights in the league, it's remarkable how well he's done at keeping the group engaged and bought in. Ducharme lost the room in a few months, with a roster that had considerably more "today" talent in place.

Fortunately, the habs leadership seems to have the long term vision so many fans lack, and i don't think we'll see any knee jerk reactions. The group will continue to grow, the coach will continue to grow, and as the talent base increases/matures, the results we all want will follow.

Future is Bright
They will finish higher this season. As much as everyone complains about Burrows, the pp is still (I believe) in the top half of the league which is a big improvement. Monty looks solid. Sure, there’s players to complain about, but there’s a plan. It’s a long term plan and not an overnight one. We don’t have a superstar, franchise player. This isn’t turning around in a couple seasons.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If only there was a good NFL game tonight.

Carolina (1-7) vs Chicago (2-7)

Battle of the tankers tonight: Habs and both NFL teams. Which one will do worse?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Lol... I mean if I were independently wealthy I'd be writing GDTs all day long. What else is there to do?
Top 10 list of things to do if you're independently wealthy.

10- Sailing a yacht
9- Polo
8-Big game hunter
7-Ballroom Dancing
6- Race car driver
5-Art collecting
4- Collecting exotic animals
3- Mountain climbing
2- Stealing taxpayers money
1- Making the Habs GDT

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
What about the rigidness of not changing up the 1st PP unit when it's obvious that Anderson doesn't belong on it or the fact that there appears to be no accountability with vets or that his team of coaches can't get a team ready for when the puck drops?
Maybe he’s trying to let them work through things instead of making an immediate change? Like I said, they are hovering around 15th on the pp. I do agree Anderson is struggling mightily, but the philosophy might be to let him work it out. As long as he gets chances, it’ll eventually go in.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe he’s trying to let them work through things instead of making an immediate change? Like I said, they are hovering around 15th on the pp. I do agree Anderson is struggling mightily, but the philosophy might be to let him work it out. As long as he gets chances, it’ll eventually go in.
I see it as a coaching staff that is in over their heads. They never come ready to play and that's on the coaches.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Is the MSL act starting to wear on people? Too much philosophy, not enough accountability, too much rigidness and unwillingness to make true adjustments.

The honeymoon is over
I mean people want to fire every coach immediately after a loss so…

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If only there was a good NFL game tonight.

Carolina (1-7) vs Chicago (2-7)

Battle of the tankers tonight: Habs and both NFL teams. Which one will do worse?
NFL has to be kicking themselves for whoever decided of this matchup on a Thursday nigth

I mean people want to fire every coach immediately after a loss so…
Just be a huge CF Montreal fan, they love to fire coaches....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hughes will take as long as he needs to get what he wants ...

6hdKEc6.png

:sarcasm:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I 💯 % guarantee that MSL was told to start him.
Sounds like he's audition Primesu for a trade. I thought Monty start tonight. He looked solid in relief of Allen last game.

Imagine Montreal in on the Edmonton thing. Habs have 3 goalies and tons of caproom plus will spend the money. Not many teams have those three things.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I personally find MSL a breath of fresh air and until the team is competitive again it's fool hardy to even entertain firing him.
Isn't it at least partially on him to ensure that team is competitive... and that it also competes for 60 minutes every game?

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad