GDT: GAME 13: HABS @ WINGS | Slip Slidin' | Thurs. Nov. 9th, 2023, 7PM -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Secretly, and some not so secretly, we all want Michael Therrien 3.0 back behind the bench. This team needs da structure and to grind diz guys. Ooh... bring Davey D to coach PP.
MLS realized he failed at his job of coach going by his yesterday presser. He might not throw his players under the bus like some of them, but I suspect he's going to kick them in the ass more behind closed door and point out issues even if the team win (which appears to have been a problem).

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Is the MSL act starting to wear on people? Too much philosophy, not enough accountability, too much rigidness and unwillingness to make true adjustments.

The honeymoon is over
It doesn’t happen overnight though. Not to mention they’re still rebuilding. When they’re about to compete, I’d bet a fair number of these guys won’t even be here. They need a more solid 4th line, a PP quarterback and arguably a super start forward and goalie. This can’t be blamed on MSL’s philosophy. Besides, MSL himself is still figuring things out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It doesn’t happen overnight though. Not to mention they’re still rebuilding. When they’re about to compete, I’d bet a fair number of these guys won’t even be here. They need a more solid 4th line, a PP quarterback and arguably a super start forward and goalie. This can’t be blamed on MSL’s philosophy. Besides, MSL himself is still figuring things out.
What about the rigidness of not changing up the 1st PP unit when it's obvious that Anderson doesn't belong on it or the fact that there appears to be no accountability with vets or that his team of coaches can't get a team ready for when the puck drops?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sorry sir but the Red Wings are way better than the sad sack of misfits that Hughes is putting together. Larkin, Seider, Debrincat, Raymond and several more good pieces are already in place.

Disagree, heavily.

He's capped out the team to pay Holl, Chiarot, Copp, etc.

They have little else coming up other than Kasper who is more of a 3C than anything.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The impatience around here continues to amaze me, though I know it shouldn't.

People on the one hand lament the lack of talent in the healthy roster and felt sure that this roster was a bottom 3-5 team heading into the season.

Cue losing #2C & #2-3D from that talent starved roster, yet the team sits right in the middle tier of the league 1/6 of the season in...

and some are already complaining about the coach :facepalm:

expectations remain completely disconnected from their very own assessments about the quality of the team.

MSL has his challenges and room for growth, no doubt. But with the roster he's had to work with since being hired, the injury pandemic they've faced, and the scrutiny of coaching in one of the biggest fan/media spotlights in the league, it's remarkable how well he's done at keeping the group engaged and bought in. Ducharme lost the room in a few months, with a roster that had considerably more "today" talent in place.

Fortunately, the habs leadership seems to have the long term vision so many fans lack, and i don't think we'll see any knee jerk reactions. The group will continue to grow, the coach will continue to grow, and as the talent base increases/matures, the results we all want will follow.

Future is Bright

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What about the rigidness of not changing up the 1st PP unit when it's obvious that Anderson doesn't belong on it or the fact that there appears to be no accountability with vets or that his team of coaches can't get a team ready for when the puck drops?

no accountability?

did you miss Armia starting the year in the AHL?
perhaps you've also missed that we consistently ice the youngest roster in the league?

your assessments seem disconnected from the roster context.

sure, I too am tired of seeing Anderson do what he does (which is not much in the way of effectiveness)... but i don't think you can question his effort. His contract is what it is, that alone helps explain/justify every effort to put him in a place to succeed/get out of his funk if only to be able to trade him.

what other vets aren't being held accountable according to you?
Gally has played and produced ahead of expectations and plays with full effort/buy-in.
Pearson has exceeded expectations and also competes hard every night.
Matheson, for his warts, is literally the only dman in the lineup with a full NHL season on his resume, and is playing as much as he is for lack of any better alternative, not for lack of accountability.

Savard? Evans? are you really going to try to argue that they are playing more than they warrant in this lineup/roster?

your critique doesn't hold up unless i'm missing something :dunno:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is the MSL act starting to wear on people? Too much philosophy, not enough accountability, too much rigidness and unwillingness to make true adjustments.

The honeymoon is over
Was over half way through last season for me. Although, I never liked the fact that we hired a gentler nicer Mario Tremblay. Remember, this is NOT a development league. That applies to coaches too.

They are slightly ahead of us, in the rebuild process......
Good young club.....
young club

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss and Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The honeymoon is over

Not for me. I think he's getting a good amount out of this roster.

I'd like to see more of Ylonen. And sometimes I see the lines differently. In particular I really want to see RHP with Amderson.

But .500 is overperformamce for this roster, and I think he has them in a position where they can grow and even do better than .500. Though I want a top 5 pick in 2024.

Reactions: nicehiss and CDN24

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Was over half way through last season for me. Although, I never liked the fact that we hired a gentler nicer Mario Tremblay. Remember, this is NOT a development league. That applies to coaches too.

young club
It IS a development league for the Habs with all their young guys. Management is looking for development. Wins are a bonus.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The honeymoon is over
I've said this more than once. Marty has to realize we don't have players with his HHOF IQ who can play conceptual 3D chess. Particularly when we have to water down the lines and the PP in an attempt to spread out the little depth we do have. He should be concentrating on teaching them what to do when they do have the puck instead of asking them to instinctively find sweet spots without the puck. I HATE the lack of support our puck carrier's have it's disgusting. Better and tighter execution will certainly be far more enjoyable to watch than whatever it is we've been subject to for much of this season.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Management continues to walk the tight rope of player development and asset management. Which is why I think Anderson is given more opportunities than he deserves.
If they are trying to get him to be a more complete player at some point they need to give up and move him off scoring lines and take any reasonable trade offer. At this point every game he plays lowers his trade value.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If they are trying to get him to be a more complete player at some point they need to give up and move him off scoring lines and take any reasonable trade offer. At this point every game he plays lowers his trade value.

Hughes will take as long as he needs to get what he wants.. now sometimes it fails with Edmundson but he still did well after the fact.

Anderson won't be moved any time soon. Just gonna have to grin and bear it until the guy starts playing like he can.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
In terms of maximum chaos, us winning in OT is the ideal outcome as it gives the wings more of a lead against the leafs and ties us with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad