GDT: Game 13| Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | October 30, 2013, 10:30 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
There was a play where I think Dekeyser blocked a shot in our zone and was about to clear it, but Cleary comes in, falls down in front of him, puck gets lost under him, results in the Canucks maintaining possession.

And I'm just sitting in awe.

Watching cleary is like watching someone die. You want to turn away but you dont and end up feeling guilty for watching it in the end.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Babcock implemented "grind-mode" "Detroit mighty ducks-mode" eh? 19 shots against, 2-1 win, stay back and secure lead in 3rd period.... Fun stuff....

It's boring but it's effective. This game (except that flub by Howie and KFQ on the goal) we really looked good. I honestly don't care if we win ugly, I just want to win in the regular season.

I think it's a good sign though that we are contending against really good teams in games that look like playoff hockey.

I also think that some of the "grind it out" hockey has been due to the defense being out of position at times. Some of the forwards have to play more defensive when Q and Smith are back there or they are going to end up beat.

Either way, this was a good win for us. I missed the last 15 minutes of the third because I had to go to sleep but I was happy with what I saw.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It's boring but it's effective. This game (except that flub by Howie and KFQ on the goal) we really looked good. I honestly don't care if we win ugly, I just want to win in the regular season.

I think it's a good sign though that we are contending against really good teams in games that look like playoff hockey.

I also think that some of the "grind it out" hockey has been due to the defense being out of position at times. Some of the forwards have to play more defensive when Q and Smith are back there or they are going to end up beat.

Either way, this was a good win for us. I missed the last 15 minutes of the third because I had to go to sleep but I was happy with what I saw.

The Canucks have a 10% PP. I thought the Wings played well overall. But you can't count on playing teams with an anemic PP when it matters. The Wings still only managed 2 goals.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The Canucks have a 10% PP. I thought the Wings played well overall. But you can't count on playing teams with an anemic PP when it matters. The Wings still only managed 2 goals.

10% or not, that Canucks PP is dangerous. They've hit a spell of bad luck, because there's no lack of high end talent stirring that drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad