GDT: Game 13| Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | October 30, 2013, 10:30 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:wings at :nucks
October 30, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT/7:30 PM PDT
Rogers Arena
Vancouver, BC

Red Wings: 6-4-2, 14 points. Tied 4th in Atlantic, 6th in Eastern Conference.
Canucks: 9-4-1, 19 points. Third in Pacific, 4th in Western Conference.

Wings results last season versus Canucks: 2-0-1, 5 points.

Wings lines:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Abdelkader
Miller - Glendening - Eaves

Kronwall - Dekeyser
Quincey - Smith
Lashoff - Kindl

Howard

Canucks lines:

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Ryan Kesler
Chris Higgins - Mike Santorelli - Alexandre Burrows
Jeremy Welsh - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Darren Archibald - Yannick Weber

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Ryan Stanton - Chris Tanev

Roberto Luongo

Lines, defense pairings and goalies to be updated.

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
We usually play pretty good against Vancouver for some reason. Datsyuk tends to do datsyukian things,also. I'll say 5-2 Wings...

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
No he hasn't but he is heavy,or something. I don't know he started the season on the third line and has played up and down the lines as has everyone not named Hank or Pavel. Babcock is juggling lines like crazy. There's a chance Bert can play on all four lines next game ....before the end of the first period.

BTW want Sammy back? We'll give you a seventh to take him.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
No he hasn't but he is heavy,or something. I don't know he started the season on the third line and has played up and down the lines as has everyone not named Hank or Pavel. Babcock is juggling lines like crazy. There's a chance Bert can play on all four lines next game ....before the end of the first period.

BTW want Sammy back? We'll give you a seventh to take him.

Only if we get your scouts to make the pick.

Good on Bert, though. I'll root a trademark backhand... any other game.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Vancouver fan wondering how Bert is doing. Always liked the guy, but kind of odd to see him on a top line again. Has he been getting it going on lately or something?

Bert's gotten older so he doesn't have the speed (as much anyway) as he once had and he doesn't have as much stamina. But he's still a smart player with a good shot, soft hands and he's hard as hell on the puck. One of the few players on the team who really clicks with Datsyuk (along with Zetterberg and Alfredsson).

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
2-1 no 3-1 vancouver. Another lovely game where the other team has to shut down one line and we auto lose. Great job with the loins babcock.

Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver fan wondering how Bert is doing. Always liked the guy, but kind of odd to see him on a top line again. Has he been getting it going on lately or something?

A lot of people here aren't too fond of him, but I really like Bert and his game. He's a great winger to put alongside Pavel (as long as the other winger is competent).

He's really underrated around here IMO.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Bert's gotten older so he doesn't have the speed (as much anyway) as he once had and he doesn't have as much stamina. But he's still a smart player with a good shot, soft hands and he's hard as hell on the puck. One of the few players on the team who really clicks with Datsyuk (along with Zetterberg and Alfredsson).

A lot of people here aren't too fond of him, but I really like Bert and his game. He's a great winger to put alongside Pavel (as long as the other winger is competent).

Bert in his prime would have been a monster with Dats. Glad to hear he's still finding a place to play, even if his legs aren't what they used to be. Saw his shootout move the other day, the one he didn't score on... sweet move though.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
We do always seem to play well against Vancouver, gonna say 4-2 Wings. Datsyuk will get two goals, Hank will get one and hopefully Tatar or Weiss gets the last one.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Abdelkader
Miller - Glendening - Tootoo

Kronwall - Smith
Quincey - Dekeyser
Lashoff - Kindl

Howard

Why does this lineup look better without Franzen? :laugh:

I love that 3rd line, solid. TT and Abdelkader could to some damage. 4th line as well has given me hope when together. Try Bert again to start the game and if it he doesn't look promising bring up Alfie. Has it been mentioned swap Nyquist for Cleary and bam this team is looking hot?

The D pairings are what HF has been crying for, Smith with someone who can ground him. Balance Q with Dekeyser, etc. This whole thing is brilliant (or mad). Are we happy yet?

Babcock was perfect in saying we'll see who "handles" who. He's right, you never know. It's up to the players to rise to the occasion. We could have a tremendous game. There's a lot of blame sent his way but it's up to the players. Either you're winning battles, keeping control, or you're not. The Wings can put up a disciplined 60 min., they've got it in them. We'll just have to see which group shows up.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Stanton and Santorelli are relevant all of a sudden. They both look good for Vancouver so far this year in my experiences watching them. And Higgins is having one of his good years.

@ Flashy G

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I've been wondering how Weiss has been playing lately for you guys. I thought I'd see his name on the scoring sheet more often, but so far, two goals only. Any chance his production increases?

Good luck vs. Vancouver

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I've been wondering how Weiss has been playing lately for you guys. I thought I'd see his name on the scoring sheet more often, but so far, two goals only. Any chance his production increases?

Good luck vs. Vancouver

Weiss has had a pretty rough start here. From my experiences watching him, it isn't necessarily from a lack of effort or hustle. At times he does look disengaged, but for the most part he is moving his feet and hustling. The same can be said about a lot of our players so far, though.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
For better or for worse, I'm looking forward to this one.

3-1 Wings. Tatar, Bert and Alfie for us, Daniel Sedin for the Canucks.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Agreed. I think he's had a decent showing so far this season. I don't mind him in the top 6 one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad