GDT: Game 13| Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | October 30, 2013, 10:30 PM. | FSD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2006
I read on FB, and it included a quote from Babcock, that Eaves would make his season debut tonight.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Tatar on the third line and Cleary on the second? Is this something personal for Babcock?
Second line is useless.
If Vancouver shuts down line 1, the Wings will lose as usual.
Still looking for a major change in coaching.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Babcock may be doing Patrick a favor, playing him before waiving him to showcase him a little. I don't think he has a future here. Hope he gets picked up somewhere, I've always liked the guy but the past couple of years have been tough for him

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm not giving up on this team; I am a still a Wings fan, ffs. I can't just predict a loss just because of the recent games they've played!

Wings win. I'll say 4-1 - Datsyuk gets a hat trick.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
If Eaves is playing we could have a third line of Tatar - Andersson - Eaves; at least that worked last season. I fear Tatar - Andersson - Abdelkader just won't give any offense. Abdelkader - Glendening - Tootoo would be an interesting 4th line too, but Miller won't be sitting if he's healthy so that's not going to happen.

At least Vancouver is a one-line team too or else we'd be **** out of luck. Our best hope is that Lolongo shows up and we somehow manages to get some scoring off because if not this will be another <= 2 goal game for us. Most likely <2 - and we're just not going to win like that.

However this ends I'll be sort-of happy if we at least don't play 2/3rds of the game in our own zone. At this point even if we still lose that'd be progress of a kind.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Babcock said the only lineup change tonight vs. Canucks is Eaves in for Tootoo.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 9m
Babcock said Datsyuk and Zetterberg will start the game with Bertuzzi. DeKeyser will be paired with Kronwall.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Babcock said the only lineup change tonight vs. Canucks is Eaves in for Tootoo.

I was about to post that.

I hope it's a showcase to see if we can get off the hook for his salary. Eaves is more expendable than Tootoo is right now because we have a similar player in Miller.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Holland said Franzen cleared to play Friday in Calgary. Will join team then.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 14s
Holland said the plan is for Helm to play Saturday in Edmonton.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Won't be able to see this game due to the late start.

Here's hoping the Wings somehow get out of this funk and actually start stringing some wins together.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
It sucks that they're out west now that Europe has switched to DST last weekend, it's still too late with that extra hour saved.... Will Northamerica switch this weekend eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad