GDT: Game 10 | Tampa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
saying this knowing full well that it is going to sound insane, but:

erik gudbranson hasn't just been serviceable lately – he's been actually good.
Inclined to agree, and speaking of: Has anybody noticed that Gudbranson doesn't seem to take shots from the point as often as last season? Last season he was firing them every chance he got and they usually got to the goalie who made an easy save. This season it seems he passes the puck to the other D and something better comes out of it. It feels like a deliberate change.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Inclined to agree, and speaking of: Has anybody noticed that Gudbranson doesn't seem to take shots from the point as often as last season? Last season he was firing them every chance he got and they usually got to the goalie who made an easy save. This season it seems he passes the puck to the other D and something better comes out of it. It feels like a deliberate change.
He probably doesn’t feel as much pressure as last year.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I disagree, that was all leg, clearly a penalty. Kuraly is a liability vs any team with a good powerplay. So many penalties.
It was an odd one.

The D man jumped to avoid the hit while Kuraly finished the check and essentially the guy tripped himself as Kuraly went through him.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I disagree, that was all leg, clearly a penalty. Kuraly is a liability vs any team with a good powerplay. So many penalties.

When it happened (in the lower corner of the screen) I thought “wtf what’s the call”!?! As it looked like a clean hit.

Then when I saw it was a tripping call, it made me question it more. Until I saw the replay, like you say, “all leg”. All he had to do was get some of the body there.

Kuraly is an overall dumb player, IMO. I’ve been vocal about my dislike of him as a player, I really don’t see the role he fills that a list of guys on the roster already couldn’t also fill, and as you say I think he’s a liability, yet I believe in more ways than just dumb penalties.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nice to see Marchenko hit the score sheet. Johnny hockey and sillinger are both snake bitten. Hopefully that will pass soon. Decent first period I thought.

More importantly the Jets pizza is really good in my opinion.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
We just stand around and let them do whatever they want on the outside. No pressure. All the time in the world

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad