Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Laine and Dach are looking good, just missing some timing but that'll come soon enough
I can't agree. Their shooting/passing/decision-making is pretty off. They look like players who haven't played hockey in a year which is exactly the case so I'm not worried, but this performance isn't good enough so far if we want to be in the playoff mix.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's for real. I have a hard time grasping that, but he is for f***ing real
He'll be Suzuki's best friend on the PP if we give him the reins.
How much more energy will Suzuki have in the Ozone if Hutson takes on the lion's share of lugging the puck.
I'm worried Matheson is going to try and emulate him and get caught out.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I can't agree. Their shooting/passing/decision-making is pretty off. They look like players who haven't played hockey in a year which is exactly the case so I'm not worried, but this performance isn't good enough so far if we want to be in the playoff mix.
I think people see them oozing talents and that result into "they are looking good", but yep, they are off and need more reps to get back in sync/shape. But it's already very promising.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Then imagine having that quality on the third line ;)
Sure but that's like saying Draisaitl is only a 2nd line player. The goal should be to have enough 1st liners that some end up on the 2nd line and push 2nd line players onto the 3rd line, etc... but at the end of the day Newhook is a top-6 player, and ideally we will have so much depth that our 3rd line will have several top-6 worthy players on it.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Seeing Kirby nailing that dude in the corner and later hitting the post on a 2on1 with Laine.

1*EiWSNTJI2wdMwQXbANwbpQ.jpeg

f1e90fcfce92232db8a826c4620fe131.gif

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Laine has his passing, decision making off but Dach looks good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad