Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Newhook's gonna be fine, he competes and has good hockey IQ. Anderson on the other hand always looks lost, only way to fix that is to put a chip in him and give Gretzky the controller.
Newhook won't complete Dach and Laine if he doesn't win puck battles for them using his speed. Still hoping he can break out but not impressed this game. Like someone else said maybe he needs to get heavier, I think he's already pretty heavy though?

Would be interesting to see Roy be tried there (I know, he's slower) and also Kapanen (really liking his game, he seems good at puck protection and battles as well).

Reactions: Gustave

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't think Newhook deserves most of the blame for the line, Dach/Laine definitely don't look good enough either. In fact he just made the best play between the 3 players right there.

Reactions: morhilane

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Roy is not looking good either in this game....

I'm not one to pump Roy's tires (as previously documented on this very forum), but the guy is playing a great game tonight. Totally bailing the two anchors he's playing with out, and I would be curious to see him tried with Laine and Dach.

He also looks focused, which suggests he actually slept last night for a change.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lol ohhhhh close one
Dach has to pass better
Great effort Hutson
Perfect sauce Newhook
And can you imagine if Laine put that in holy hell the place woulda JUMPED

I like it, good period
They have 0 goals
Preems looks great honestly

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I ask hope for 2 things

-keep Anderson away from the PP
-keep Anderson away from the top 9

This way me and MSL will be friends
I'd trade Dvo with a pick for future consideration and sit Anderson's ass in the stand for the reste of the year, buy his ass out this summer. Play some kids instead. Even Condotta would de better than both. They're a net negative on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad