Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - PHILADELPHIA - Eagles 25 PATRIOTS 20 - It was winnable

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
At the very least, they got it together after the 1st quarter. Defense looks legit. Offense looks much better than last year. Mac did well. Gotta build upon it. Drops and fumbles hurt us. Boutte gotta keep his feet in bounda. He'll learn. Lots of positives today.

They had a chance to win there. Nobody gave them a chance. I think going forward this team will surprise a lot of people, imo.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's not fair to say it's his fault, but this is at least the 4th or 5th time Mac has had the chance to win a game in the last drive of the 4th or OT and we've lost every single one of them. Not fair to him but considering he's playing where Brady used to, yeah, it's gonna look bad for him.

Reactions: capecodder

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's not fair to say it's his fault, but this is at least the 4th or 5th time Mac has had the chance to win a game in the last drive of the 4th or OT and we've lost every single one of them. Not fair to him but considering he's playing where Brady used to, yeah, it's gonna look bad for him.
I think they can be a nice offense but they won’t take that next step- particularly late in games- without a game breaker on offense

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think they can be a nice offense but they won’t take that next step- particularly late in games- without a game breaker on offense
If they had Parker and a 100% healthy Rhaemondre I think it pushes them over the top today. But they do still need an elite talent somewhere on offense.

If Juju were half of what he were 5 years ago, it's a different story

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's absolutely something QBs should be judged on. In his defense his WR needs to get feet down but no guarantee they win after that. The pick 6 and delay of game he took in 4th quarter are killer plays. Team simply isn't good enough to overcome the dumb shit. He needs to get a handle on that.

Reactions: bruins19

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People looking for the moral victory are overlooking the fact that Philly literally tried to hand fhat game to the pats multiple times down the stretch there. It was only close because of some monumentally bad coaching decisions. Ironically the pats also matched the brutal calls by Philly with some really f***ing dumb shit of their own. Just a brutal display by both coaching staffs in a really ugly game. Sloppy.

If they had Parker and a 100% healthy Rhaemondre I think it pushes them over the top today. But they do still need an elite talent somewhere on offense.

If Juju were half of what he were 5 years ago, it's a different story
What would Parker have done? He’s nothing more than a jag on most teams.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thought the offensive line played well relative to my expectations when I saw Strange and Onwenu out. Credit to Sow and Mafi. Mafi looked better than Sow imo

If they’re going to let tackles get away with a little movement like they’ve been doing league-wide Trent Brown will be really good provided he stays healthy

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Some real puzzling coaching decisions on both sides in the 4th quarter. Very disjointed.
Yup

the 10 callers who call wanting Sweeney fired are starting to call in trashing Belichick- funny listening them misuse big words

I never feel good when a Hocula is the ref and it’s being televised

People looking for the moral victory are overlooking the fact that Philly literally tried to hand fhat game to the pats multiple times down the stretch there. It was only close because of some monumentally bad coaching decisions. Ironically the pats also matched the brutal calls by Philly with some really f***ing dumb shit of their own. Just a brutal display by both coaching staffs in a really ugly game. Sloppy.

What would Parker have done? He’s nothing more than a jag on most teams.
No moral victory - it was there to win

It’s not lost on me that the Giants are playing the prime time game on September 10th like they were 22 years ago.
What am I missing here

• Haha

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Jakobi Meyers 9 catches for 81 yards and 2 TDs.

But Juju and his dead ass knees are more explosive!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yup

the 10 callers who call wanting Sweeney fired are starting to call in trashing Belichick- funny listening them misuse big words

What am I missing here
Giants played the Broncos on Monday Night Football on September 10, 2001 and their plane pulled into the gate next to Flight 93. 22 years later, they are playing Sunday Night Football at home on September 10, 2023

Reactions: DKH and BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yup

What am I missing here
Bill's D had a good game, got them the ball back. Mac and Obrien didnt do their job in crunch time

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bill drafting a kicker in the 4th round. Trading your old vet kicker. And not having confidence in him kicking a field goal is frankly atrocious. f***ing frustration. Either he can kick or not.

Coaching decisions frustrates me.

On the bright side. The defense looked good. The offense got it together after the 1st quarter and Mac looked good. No pouty faces. Nothing. He looked confident after the 1st quarter. I like that. Lots of upside.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Another close loss for the team. It's a moral victory of sorts but they need to figure out how to win the close ones. Lots to like about this game and just one game in and this offense + Mac Jones looked better than last year.
Agree he looks better than last year. Will need to get better still.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Heavily outgained Philly, defense gave up 18 points and 7 of those were a 26 yard drive after a Patriots fumble.

Honestly, they should have won but "bad" teams lose games like this. I miss being a buttoned up operation.

Pick six for Dallas. I don't like the color of their pants though.
Is Daniel Jones turning back into a pumpkin

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I'm a casual fan, but I thought the difference was the leg of the Philly's field goal kicker ... Terry O'Reilly would have taken care of that guy in the first half :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad