GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hot (and unpopular) take: I hope they don't bring back Giroux. Nothing against him, but I think Father Time has come for the Claudefather. He has disappeared since the second half of last year, so my opinion is not just based on this first game.

Halliday working out as a top 6 for us next year would be a very pleasant miracle.
No sir. He's still got the wheels to keep up imo and his hockey iq is off the charts, as is his skill as a passer.

Father time will get him eventually, but it won't be for a few years.

Plus, he's in astounding shape (it appears). Looks like he models his workouts after alfie. Really strong core, almost never falls, can fend off players and maintain puck control.

An off the chart hockey iq mixed with a rigorous workout regime can have any player going into their late 30s. But very few have the combination...

Reactions: DrEasy

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I'll be watching more Sens games now.

As a Bruins fan, I've never hated you guys. I hope this season goes well. It's been awhile for you all. Wishing y'all success in the upcoming season.

Nice! Back at ya.

And the great things is we can all hate the Habs together!

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
First time since prime Anderson I’ve felt confident in a goalie.

What a difference that makes.

Same way they used to have Phillips-Volchenkov and you could feel extremely confident. Sens are getting that mojo back with Sanderson and Ullmark, it’s extremely, extremely exciting and promising.
And Ullmark unlike prime Anderson is also a great puckmover.

Reactions: Dionysus

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hot (and unpopular) take: I hope they don't bring back Giroux. Nothing against him, but I think Father Time has come for the Claudefather. He has disappeared since the second half of last year, so my opinion is not just based on this first game.

Halliday working out as a top 6 for us next year would be a very pleasant miracle.
Claude isn't a particularly fast skater. Hasn't been for years. It's why he doesn't play center which used to be his position before hip surgery

The good news with Claude is
High end faceoff guy
Excellent PP player
Excellent hockey IQ

I suspect we'll see him drop into the high 50s point wise. But they can keep him at a lower price. He clearly intends to live here post hockey. I could very much see a year to year thing after this season. Google says he's made 92.5 M in his career so he should be good. Would be awesome to see him do a 2M one year type deal to leave cap space on the table

Reactions: bicboi64

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Claude isn't a particularly fast skater. Hasn't been for years. It's why he doesn't play center which used to be his position before hip surgery

High end faceoff guy
Excellent PP player
Excellent hockey IQ

I suspect we'll see him drop into the high 50s point wise. But they can keep him at a lower price. He clearly intends to live here post hockey. I could very much see a year to year thing after this season. Google says he's made 92.5 M in his career so he should be good. Would be awesome to see him do a 2M one year type deal to leave cap space on the table
2M for Giroux is insulting. 4-5M.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
2M for Giroux is insulting. 4-5M.
I wasn't meaning to insult the man nor imply that was his worth

The opposite really

He's going to be 37 this year. This is his hometown. It's where he'll live post career. I can really see him being one of those guys that leaves a lot on the table in order to help the team.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza's last contract with TML was for $0.7M.

I am not saying that is what Giroux should sign for if he wants to continue playing hockey for Ottawa.

Let's see what Giroux can contribute this season b4 discussing the amount he should be paid .

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

High end faceoff guy
Excellent PP player
Excellent hockey IQ

He's a beast on the PK too because of his IQ and FO! If he does any one year type deals around $2 million, we'll have a bargain

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He's a beast on the PK too because of his IQ and FO! If he does any one year type deals around $2 million, we'll have a bargain
Claude is a little slow to be on the PK where quick acceleration is an important asset to defend against the other team's top offensive players. I like his IQ and his FO skills but not his speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad