Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I read here a suggestion to put him with Joshua and Garland, which I like. He really needs some confidence, which comes with more looks. I don't believe his offensive ability can simply be lost like that.
Not sure if this is an appropriate question or not, but could this whole thing simply come down to confidence ? It’s a huge thing, and perhaps at this level it’s the main thing?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Lots of interesting suggestions

But let’s be honest, he’s an $11 million player. He shouldn’t require this amount of “maintenance” to boost his confidence, and running through the gambit of linemates again to spark something.

That shit was for a player on a bridge contract
Not now

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021

But let’s be honest, he’s an $11 million player. He shouldn’t require this amount of “maintenance” to boost his confidence, and running through the gambit of linemates again to spark something.

Not now
Agreed, but also there’s another side to it.

There is no U25 centre in the league who was PPG+ for past two seasons except for Pettersson

In the past two decades we have seen many great players have bad streaks, bad halfs and even bad years

it’s not a big deal if he’s a 2nd line centre for 5 months

The truth is that judgement day arrives when the playoffs start

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Not now
I dont get this.

He has played mostly with shit wingers. Its not like theyve rotated a bunch of quality players and he just doesnt gel with anyone.

Now he has 2 games with a pretty good piece in DeBrusk. He had one down game to start the year and one better game.

How about we give them some time to gel?

Buds I could care less about your sexual orientation. You seem bitter and hey, I've been there before. Life isn't always kind to any of us. Enjoy the team and enjoy the season. Salut
Im sure that is mostly true but you do go for insults about people being little or insinuate they are gay.

Im completely happy. Just enjoy poking fun at you.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Put him on the lotto line for 5 games. If his level of play improves them keep them together.

If he looks disinterested start shopping him to a team like Chicago or SJS

Sit him on the press box for a few nights until his I give a shit meter starts.

How many of your employers would allow and employee to work subpar for this long of a period?

Reactions: Coffees

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Peter more than earned his previous contracts. I'll give him a few more than 2 games before I worry about what he's making against the cap. For right or wrong this team is now hitched to him, Miller and Hronek. I think the three of them are decent to good bets.

Demko is constantly nicked up and has 2 more years. Hughes has three years. Quinn will cost a fair bit more than Peter.

EP40 is the team. I still feel he's easily 1000 point player and a future HHOF. He's 25. Still a kid. Hes got this.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
The truth is that judgement day arrives when the playoffs start
I hope before that his NMC kicks on July 1
I dont get this.

He has played mostly with shit wingers. Its not like theyve rotated a bunch of quality players and he just doesnt gel with anyone.

Now he has 2 games with a pretty good piece in DeBrusk. He had one down game to start the year and one better game.

How about we give them some time to gel?
Actually when he played with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev he was a 2 pts per game player, they got broke up, Kuz traded and his points went down to around .5 per game.

He has played with all the wingers, by your comment they are all shit?

Usually it is the complimentary players that adapt isn't it?

He is not playing "his" game, no speed slowing through the neutral zone, delaying trying to pass, hardly shooting.

Last game I even saw him bailing early to brace for contact.

This has been going on since January last year, just off his game. These games are very similar to the playoff games against supposed easy opponents.

It is early in the season but then again this is just a continuation of last year too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breakers

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Put him on the lotto line for 5 games. If his level of play improves them keep them together.

If he looks disinterested start shopping him to a team like Chicago or SJS

Sit him on the press box for a few nights until his I give a shit meter starts.

How many of your employers would allow and employee to work subpar for this long of a period?

It depends on why their work was subpar. If it was because of injuries and poor co-workers then I would use context accordingly, but I guess your style would be to call the employee a liar.

• Wow
Reactions: Coffees

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
It depends on why their work was subpar. If it was because of injuries and poor co-workers then I would use context accordingly, but I guess your style would be to call the employee a liar.
People that are the highest paid are leaders and relied on to be as such. You don’t get to be the CEO and blame the VP of OPS that you suck at your job.

If he wanted to play like a janitor he should have been paid like one. God forbid people expect more of him.

At 11.6M he is expected to make the players around him better. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you need the best players around you to make you better you simply aren’t worth 11.6M

Last edited:

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
People that are the highest paid are leaders and relied on to be as such. You don’t get to be the CEO and blame the VP of OPS that you suck at your job.

If he wanted to play like a janitor he should have been paid like one. God forbid people expect more of him.

At 11.6M he is expected to make the players around him better. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you need the best players around you to make you better you simply aren’t worth 11.6M

Get to the part where you call his knee injury a lie, that's my favourite part. The guy scores 400 points in his 1st 400 games and that doesn't even build up enough good faith to have an injury believed lol. Possibly the most disrespected player of all time, but don't worry you are not special. Hating on the best players in franchise history is par for the course with this fanbase. Pettersson is just the new Naslund, Sedins, Luongo, hell Bure probably would have had haters if the forums existed back then.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Get to the part where you call his knee injury a lie, that's my favourite part. The guy scores 400 points in his 1st 400 games and that doesn't even build up enough good faith to have an injury believed lol. Possibly the most disrespected player of all time, but don't worry you are not special. Hating on the best players in franchise history is par for the course with this fanbase. Pettersson is just the new Naslund, Sedins, Luongo, hell Bure probably would have had haters if the forums existed back then.
Your trauma dumping is unnecessary

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

I mean, that's kind of how it works though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad