GDT: GAME 1 | PANTHERS VS SENATORS | THE ULLMARK ERA BEGINS | Thu Oct 10, 2024, 7PM

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I am willing to give Chabot and Jensen more time because of how smooth Jensen feels. Maybe it will rub off on Chabot.

But Hamonic-Kleven needs to end as soon as possible. Hamonic should be Jensen to Kleven but instead Kleven runs around, Hamonic stands in front of our goalie or is always second to the corner to battle for a puck. It is not a very good pairing.

I understand Barkov's line and Reinhart's line are dominant and they won a Stanley Cup but it wasn't that they got hemmed in... it was how Hamonic and Kleven looked when they got hemmed in. And Hamonic got us hemmed in without Kleven too... so the focus goes to him as the veteran.

Reactions: Icelevel

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
First game of the year, gotta expect guys to make some mistakes as they get their timing back. Extra tough opponent who already played a game, too. I didn't like the volume of stupid giveaways but I'm waiting to see a bunch more games before any alarms start to ring. Gotta give them time to get things straightened out.
Yes Thank You!

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
That could have ended so much worse, Florida with a an absolute forechecking clinic in P2P3, no answer for it except Ullmark. We have to be way better.

Tkachuk Giroux and Norris very quiet game, but bright spots elsewhere.

I like Matt Cullen.

1-0, GSG

Reactions: senswon

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
lol3.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
typical Travis Green hockey - get going early and then hang on when you have to and just be a dirt bag for wins, hit/block shots/discipline (2 penalties all game), wins face offs, be steardy.

Reactions: Race Dawg

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Official attendance is 19,436. Could be they were getting beer during the ceremony?

That is likely tickets sold.

There were lots of resale tickets still available on Ticketmaster and the secondary market apps. People were trying to unload on some apps that don't have price floors at half price in the hour or two before game time.

A lot of people with season tickets who could not go either own cottages so they don't care about losing money if their tickets don't sell, or they got skunked because Sens org undercut the price of their own resale cap by releasing more tickets and not allowing ticket holders to sell at market value.

That is not a commentary on the popularity of our team, and I don't think failing to put 20k people in a building that falls under legitimate day trip territory for most of the city is a bad look. The building is a few thousand bigger than most NHL arenas, and going to games is a lord of the rings style expedition.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Panthers played very well. We were lucky to have Ullmark and Stutzle play well. There is a lot of room for improvement.
I would say there is massive improvement in our game from last year. If you understand how the Panthers play, this is their style. In the playoffs they attacked and attacked and attacked in waves against the other teams. We are talking playoff teams, who were absolutely out skated night over night by the Panthers. This is the Panthers style. Our First, parts of our second and third looked very good. Of course there is room for improvement. How about we celebrate instead? We won this game, even if it wasn't pretty.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ullmark is part of the team isn't he??? We just won a game versus a better team then us and still you're not happy, my God what would make you happy an 8-0 win with the Sens outshooting the other team 50-10??? You're very hard to please buddy Lol
I am not pleased with poor play; I saw enough of it the past few seasons. Being critical of poor play and wanting the GM and coaching staff to make changes to improve team play is not a bad thing. I want the team to make the playoffs and improvement is required to get there.

Great that we got a win and 2 points. Hope we get many more wins.

Yes I am hard to please, wanting the playoffs.

Reactions: Race Dawg

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I am stoked, but the two way game was abandoned mid second and they started losing every puck battle. I blame a lot of that on this being Florida, the best, but they need to shave those sideburns and play with structure in the 3rd. No super poorly timed goal allowed was refreshing.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am not pleased with poor play; I saw enough of it the past few seasons. Being critical of poor play and wanting the GM and coaching staff to make changes to improve team play is not a bad thing. I want the team to make the playoffs and improvement is required to get there.

Great that we got a win and 2 points. Hope we get many more wins.

Yes I am hard to please, wanting the playoffs.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Thought the Senators had a strong 1st period. But, as the 2nd period progressed, the Sens were being hemmed in by the Panthers who had the jump and a lot of possession in the Senators zone. Some of that was due to the Senators not being able to clear their zone. Ullmark held them off. Ullmark had a great game obviously, as did Stutzle, but a number of other Senator players had rather quiet nights.

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thought the Senators had a strong 1st period. But, as the 2nd period progressed, the Sens were being hemmed in by the Panthers who had the jump and a lot of possession in the Senators zone. Some of that was due to the Senators not being able to clear their zone. Ullmark held them off. Ullmark had a great game obviously, as did Stutzle, but a number of other Senator players had rather quiet nights.
They did the same thing to Boston yesterday. Difference was they had korpi in net we had Ullmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad