GDT: Game 1 - Avs @ Knights - Rockstar Rookie Revue - 8PM

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm just so pissed off.
I mean the game, yes sure, but more NHL.tv with its stupid scrolling bar at the bottom which works so god damn bad.
Trying to scroll where you left off (because the "start where you left off" never works and always starts from the beginning) and every 5 times you scroll forward it just bounces to 5mins before end of broadcast.
Every time like that.
So I bounced from 1-1 in the first to 4-7.
Even if we lost, first game of season I wanted to watch to see the team and it's flaws.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No team can overcome horrible goaltending, unless that team is incredibly stacked.

The Avs even with the injuries would do just fine if someone could make a damn save. Expecting perfection defensively just doesn't work.
If by doing just fine you mean being a 500 team than yeah I agree. This team isn’t going anywhere without getting those 3 players back even if we had good goaltending.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh, I'm very well aware.

I'm also aware that we've got no answer in goal. The recipe for wearing out the big guns early and often... Having a goalie that forces a team to score anywhere between 5 and 11 goals a night to get 2 points.

My night from Mikko's opening goal on, in one .gif....

View attachment 914548
Getting Lehky, Val and Landy back is far more important than having a good goalie. We can have Shesterkin or Vasilevskiy in net, but without those 3 players we won’t do shit

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If by doing just fine you mean being a 500 team than yeah I agree. This team isn’t going anywhere without getting those 3 players back even if we had good goaltending.
They would make the playoffs without much issues with proper goaltending. The Avs core is still outstanding and the defense among the best.

Currently every mistake just gets magnified because nobody is making the required saves.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Getting Lehky, Val and Landy back is far more important than having a good goalie. We can have Shesterkin or Vasilevskiy in net, but without those 3 players we won’t do shit

One player who cant stay sober and derailed 2 playoff-runs so far, another player who hasnt played a game in 2 years and counting.....

Bold to put all your hopes on those 2.

Lehky isnt the problem, but not enough.

Just face it:
This team has lost all trust in their starting-goalie at this point. And i really start to wonder when this tensions boil over in the locker.. Especially with a guy like MacKinnon....

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1728541905801.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Aside from the goalies, Parker Kelly was the worst Av tonight to my eyes. Butter soft everywhere, when I did notice him it was usually for a halfhearted effort on the forecheck or along the boards. Bednar will be seething at some of those plays. Ivan at least has an excuse for looking lost, Kelly has like 200 games of NHL experience and his selling point is being an "energy guy".

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well i see new season same old shit. Georgiev sucking AGAIN, who would have thought that. Who else was bad?
Wood was pretty bad. Cale was bad by his standards. Toews was ok until he took an egregious 4-min high sticking penalty late that essentially severed all hope of a comeback. And nobody is really talking about him, but I was particularly disappointed in Drouin. Donuts, -1, 0 shots, 0 hits. Just can't have that from a top line guy. Though he did get his bell rung pretty good early on, so that may have had something to do with it.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Georgiev was the worst, but defense also f***ed up too many times.

Nice hatty from the bad man.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Not gonna overreact. We started off quite well and snappy in the first, then rusty mistakes and shit goaltending cost us. The former will be fixed, the latter.... woof!! Oh well, revenge tour on the Jackets.

My hope is we're above .500 after the ten first games.

Mikko looked better than last season, and not just talking about the goals here. Mitts is a legit 2C. There's a lot of upside here to be unlocked once the season rolls on. My only actual real concern, surprise surprise, is between our pipes.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’m more than okay going with Annunen as the starter moving forward. I know it won’t happen, but at least he’s on a good deal and he’s young. No doubt in my mind he’s the starter come playoff time.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I don't know if I've hated an Avalanche player as much as I hate Georgiev. The only other one that comes to mind is O'Reilly but at least he still performed when he played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad