GDT: Game 1 - Avs @ Knights - Rockstar Rookie Revue - 8PM

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nonetheless, the defense was disappointing tonight. ANY mistake they make leads to a goal.

Makar partially tiffs on the clearing pass during the PK at the end of the 2nd leaving the PK unit on for far too long and that leads to another Olofsson goal. Any mistake can turn into a game killer.
Any can, but it is unreasonable to expect perfection.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Had a couple chances in the 1st, and then disappeared. Did he even play in the 3rd?
Quite a lot actually:
1728536319004.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Positives:

- F***ing Mikko contract year looks like he's about to spread CMac's cheeks wide open and take him to pound town. He looks ready to produce. This contract is gonna suck lol.

- Kovalenko was all over the offensive zone. Probably deserved a point.

- 3rd pair didn't scare me when they were on the ice

- Avoided injuries to Girard, Drouin and Wood tonight when it looked like all three might exit

Negatives:

- Seriously f*** Georigev

- MacKinnon looked very bad and very lazy

- Makar somehow looked worse than MacKinnon

- The Avs bottom six is so f***ing bad. You can't convince me Parker Kelly actually played tonight

- Girard got manhandled again

- Georgiev can f*** a working blender

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It's like playing when your underwear is too tight and you didn't take a dump before the game.

It all turns to shit because neither of your back stoppers can stop a beachball.

Doesn't build a lot of confidence and you become reluctant to take any risks.
Except the Avs still take a lot of risks. I could nitpick plays or lines, but really, I’d see how the skaters played and expect to win this game a lot of the time. Avs struggled because of two main things… primarily the play in net was horrific. Secondly, there is not a lot of talent outside the top line. Guys worked hard and got in good positions, but dint have the skill to finish or wasted good chances with a bobble or big miss.

I think the Avs played well. They just had a goalie shit the bed completely.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I think the ultimate irony in the Avs' current philosophy on paying for "just good enough" goaltending throughout a precious Cup window is that it's all ultimately being signed off by the one guy who should know best about what kind of difference playing with an elite goalie (or a HoF one at that) can make. This whole bouncing between variable levels of affordable trash continues to be infuriating, year in and year out.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We needed better goaltending and better game from Makar and Toews tonight. I’m not worried about Toews and Makar. They’ll get it going, but goaltending is another story

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The window is closed.

This team is a 1st or 2nd round exit squad at best.

Enjoy the individual accolades and good seasons by the star players; that’s all we have to hang onto.
We also have whiskey, memes, and high levels of maladjusted humor to cope with what’s coming, curated from years of misery. Don’t sell us short :shakehead

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nonetheless, the defense was disappointing tonight. ANY mistake they make leads to a goal.

Makar partially whiffs on the clearing pass during the PK at the end of the 2nd leaving the PK unit on for far too long and that leads to another Olofsson goal. Any mistake can turn into a game killer.
That’s still on goaltending. Not defense. Teams can’t play perfect, that’s why the goalie is there. That’s why they call them SAVES.

I’m not expecting elite netminding or even franchise-level netminding but for f***s sake they can’t have THAT and even have a chance at winning.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I think the ultimate irony in the Avs' current philosophy on paying for "just good enough" goaltending throughout a precious Cup window is that it's all ultimately being signed off by the one guy who should know best about what kind of difference playing with an elite goalie (or a HoF one at that) can make. This whole bouncing between variable levels of affordable trash continues to be infuriating, year in and year out.
Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: The Merchant

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
With a quick check this is the first time Quebec/Colorado has allowed eight goals in a season opener (at least in NHL). And this franchise has sucked pretty badly on some seasons.

I don't think this was the worst loss of a season opener. For example 14-15 season Colorado lost to Minnesota 5 - 0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad