GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
All of Toronto's goals were on the power play and the shootout. All of the offense felt like it was comong from Mitten and Cowan who are both basically NHLers this season. We dominated the rest of theior skaters. We won 3-0 on 5 on 5.

All of Toronto's goals were on the power play and the shootout. All of the offense felt like it was comong from Mitten and Cowan who are both basically NHLers this season. We dominated the rest of theior skaters. We won 3-0 on 5 on 5.
We diud just fine. I am VERY excited about Hutson.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Knew he was a bad pick from jump street. Lotsa people on this board loved him because he was friends with Slafs. So stupid.

Yup. The guy that doesn't like people mocking someone having a name that's "weird."

I've heard it all with my name too coming from an immigrant family.

It's a great name anyways, but continue being offended if you want.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Just came back from the game. My two cents:
  • Hutson is the only player that started distinguishing himself for NHL consideration this year. He was often well covered. 2-3 guys with limited options to pass.on defence, he needs a strong man to help him when he gets beat against the wall.
  • Mailloux’s timing is off for everything. His passes. His hits. Even his shots. He would wait and then shoot into traffic. But he had the right idea just couldn’t execute. I’d like to see how he plays tomorrow before judging.
  • Heineman- I wanted to see more from him. He was clearly stronger and used his great shot but he didn’t overpower anyone on his way to the net and couldn’t break coverage well. He’s got what it takes but If he doesn’t get his act together soon, he might get labeled an AHL top talent.
  • Beck- was always in the mix but prob 50/50 in his puck battles and execution. Again, too early for judgement for him and everyone but some time in the AHL this year could do him Good I think
  • Mesar- Sven Andrighetto 2.0. I’ve seen this story before. Hope the AHL helps him develop those skills.
  • Thorpe, Tuch, Xhakej- I place those guys together cause they all have similar dispositions and skills. I like what I see in all three of these guys. They will be a hard line to play against in the AHL they all look like men out there. Pushing around players. Hurting. Making space for themselves. Could definetly see them get some 4th line minutes in the big club this year.
  • Reinbacher- was noticeably fast. His defence was strong and he had a good poke check but Had to cover for Engstrom a lot. Seems to be getting comfortable moving the puck up.
  • Engstrom- he might be the next Josh Georges. Should cook a bit in the AHL

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
fun game..and props to like what? 10k showing up on a gorgeous 30 degree saturday afternoon in montreal. get a life losers! j/k

it's clear we're thin at forward talent outside I think beck and heinemann?
(can't wait for hage and demidov)

I don't see Farrell. Kidney or Mesar with a future in the NHL here.
Florian is fearless and rugged but needs a year in the AHL to put on 20 lbs and improve his skating.
Hutson looked good, but I would also like to see him work on his straight away speed.
Mailloux looked great.
Beck was fantastic. Sure fire 3/4 line C.
Engstrom is smooth and you can see the hockey IQ. I don't think he's ready yet.
Reinbacher looked nervous.
Again it's one game and they were thrown into the fire in front of 1000s of people.

Mailloux and hutson look to be the guys fighting for spots; maybe heinemann up front

Wow, enjoy the "bonus" summer

I kinda got screwed this summer. I went to michigan and Illinois for the 3rd week of August and it was unseasonably cool. Then I came back home to vancouver and it was damp and cool. Aside from a couple days afterwards, it has held like summer ended in mid August for me.

What a rip off.

Reactions: HuGo Sham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad