GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Love our special teams though...
Farrell and Mailloux with their best Keystone Cops imitation.

For some reason I doubt those would be the PKers we send out in normal situations.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hutson makes so moves that I have never seen in hockey.

Hard to explain what be does with his body
its almost like how a basketball player pivots but he doesn't need to worry about maintaining a dribble, so he can't be trapped once he commits to moving in that tight box. he's really strong at shifting position with as little movement on the ice as possible. I really think the 'Pat Kane but a Dman' is a pretty solid comparison when it comes to style.

Reactions: crosbyshow

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He has an awkward style but he is incredibly effective man. Notice how quickly the puck is always moving up front. He is directly responsible for Beck goal. He is the one who ditched it to a completely open Sean Farrell.

Any time someone bashes Reinbacher like that, it's a total fan eye vs a coaches eye. Reinbacher is playing a great game. All of the little things he does adds up to little pressure in his own end and the puck consistently moving forward for the Habs.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Any time someone bashes Reinbacher like that, it's a total fan eye vs a coaches eye. Reinbacher is playing a great game. All of the little things he does adds up to little pressure in his own end and the puck consistently moving forward for the Habs.

Yes, but it’s not sexy - I want to see him jump up in the play and show some offensive flair for a 5 OA

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
There was doubt on the dev path, but to say HFHabs thought he was the worst 1st RD pick of all time is a stretch.
Yeah well, ok I remember that thread lol, but still, here it was greatly contested pick. And when Wright crapped the bed, then people were talking about Cooley because he had a good start, and then when he cooled off we started hearing about Nemec. And then thankfullt Slaf deblocked

Reactions: Gustave

Asdetran

Jan 24, 2016
Kinda pretty gross.

Reinbacher should have stood out more, Beck and Farrell should have stood out more, and Mailloux was a mixed bag. Mesar looks like he doesn't want to be there.

It's just one game, but none of those guys are going to make the team looking like that (except Hutson, he is perfect).
Hutson is that good??

Reactions: Beaker

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes, but it’s not sexy - I want to see him jump up in the play and show some offensive flair for a 5 OA

Thats not what you're going to get. He was never going to be that player. At 5 OA if you have a defenseman who can control play and consistently put you on the attack, that's a huge win. Those guys are insanely valuable even if it isn't sexy to watch.

Ryan Suter sucks to watch play hockey but he was every bit worth a top 5 pick and is the type of defenseman every winning team has.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I feel so bad for parents who are already coralling children at this event who then have to put up with a DJ blasting generic tunes at intermission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad