GDT: Game 1/2- Habs vs Leafs Prospects - Sept 14- 1pm EST RDS1 & YouTube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Weird that so many young AHL vets like Roy, Dobes, Trudeau were exempt from this tournament but Emil Heineman wasn't.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Weird that so many young AHL vets like Roy, Dobes, Trudeau were exempt from this tournament but Emil Heineman wasn't.

I believe the plan was to get some time to Miller since he's due to sign by June, but he got injured. Dobes is already slated to be Laval's starter, no need for useless games.

For Trudeau, we already have a bajillion Ds.

If not for the AHL guys, 3/4 of the forward squad would have to be invites.

Reactions: Tyson

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The Guangdong Tigers is the best team in the Chinese Basketball Association. It's basically the NBA's KHL.

I'm more of a Shanghai Sharks guy, myself.

TwidUg.gif

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With the majority of the players who will be playing today and tomorrow unlikely to be making the NHL, the only thing I will be watching with interest, is whether those most prime (and yes, hyped) of our prospects demonstrate they have taken the necessary developmental steps to be potential full-time, if not impactful, NHLers. At least to this writer, everything else is just entertainment. I would rather that these two games clearly show that we have the 6 or so best players/prospects on the ice: win, lose or draw.

Wouldn't everyone?
We have the hype here, and now the kids have to show something, to prove they are developing in the right direction.
I look for Heineman to be s clear step above and ahead of most of this crowd. My hope he steals a spot at the big camp and starts with the team in October.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
After we drafted Engstrom, I randomly decided that he was the prospect I'm stanning after watching him toe drag some random dude into oblivion in his first development camp.

Really excited to see him on NA ice. There will be an adjustment period for him and Reinbacher but that duo is going to be a force. Both got good all around game with Adam being more offensive and David defensive. This is the last chance to buy your tickets for the Engstrom bandwagon before the train leaves the station.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After we drafted Engstrom, I randomly decided that he was the prospect I'm stanning after watching him toe drag some random dude into oblivion in his first development camp.

Really excited to see him on NA ice. There will be an adjustment period for him and Reinbacher but that duo is going to be a force. Both got good all around game with Adam being more offensive and David defensive. This is the last chance to buy your tickets for the Engstrom bandwagon before the train leaves the station.

if you check on my youtube channel for last summers development camp, he was one of our best players. I was more impressed with him then Reinbacher.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I'm actually surprised at his listed size, tbh. When I've seen him in those training videos, he's looked fairly small.
We have so many giants at this camp that he probably looks small next to them lol. Never seen him play live but from what I've seen online, his size looks legit. Gritty player with a really good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad