Value of: Gabriel Vilardi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I use this forum to share my ideas, not appease Kings fans...

Here we go again....

Did it ever occur to you that the Kings fans would the ones agreeing to deal or not?
And before it get's out of control again, No, i do not speak for the Los Angeles Kings Organization nor am i in any way related to Rob Blake or employed by him.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Is the "want to move Vilardi to the wing position" so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle, or because you don't really see him as a top 6 center, ever? If it's the latter, maybe that should tell fans something about wanting to make a trade for him as a center.

He seems to do better when doing his playmaking magic from the right outside instead the center.
Looks like still has to adjust to NHL level center position

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The thing with Vilardi is that he is very effective with the puck on his stick or directly in front of him, he has an awful lot of trouble with quick lateral plays that involve him reaching for passes to the side or behind him or trying to dig the puck out of his skates. By the time he recovers and gets it to his stick the moment is lost and he is caught in coverage. This also applies defensively where quick changes of angles get past him pretty easily.

He also has a hard time managing his shifts. He tends to go hard early but if the first chance fizzles out he is ineffective later in the shift, so there are a lot of one and dones when he is on the ice.

He has a hell of a shot, is strong behind the net and in the corners and has a real nose for the net. The biggest issue is that he is very critical of himself and gets down on his own game noticeably. When he scores there is no joy, his body language shows someone who expects too much out of himself to the point that even the good things get lost in his own frustration.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
In-season, if Sergachev is the game changer we need to make the playoffs, then we should do it. If we're more than a Sergachev away from the playoffs, or if the trade is much later in the season or in the offseason, then I agree.
Which, in this fan's opinion, is what makes it such a bad piece for us. If Sergachev is the piece that gets you into the playoffs, it's a considerably worse piece, and I'm sure we don't intend to count ourselves out of the playoffs this season before the trade deadline.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Blake owes the Avs after he murdered Mueller. We'll take Vilardi as compensation, in return you can have MacDermid back.

Joking aside, I'd really like it if the Avs worked a deal for Vilardi. He'd be an interesting 2C option behind MacKinnon while giving the team another look.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Blake owes the Avs after he murdered Mueller. We'll take Vilardi as compensation, in return you can have MacDermid back.

Joking aside, I'd really like it if the Avs worked a deal for Vilardi. He'd be an interesting 2C option behind MacKinnon while giving the team another look.

Isn't that what the avs have newhook for?
No way the Avs deal him but I would target Girard. Wanted LA to go after Graves before expansion too.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
The thing with Vilardi is that he is very effective with the puck on his stick or directly in front of him, he has an awful lot of trouble with quick lateral plays that involve him reaching for passes to the side or behind him or trying to dig the puck out of his skates. By the time he recovers and gets it to his stick the moment is lost and he is caught in coverage. This also applies defensively where quick changes of angles get past him pretty easily.

He also has a hard time managing his shifts. He tends to go hard early but if the first chance fizzles out he is ineffective later in the shift, so there are a lot of one and dones when he is on the ice.

He has a hell of a shot, is strong behind the net and in the corners and has a real nose for the net. The biggest issue is that he is very critical of himself and gets down on his own game noticeably. When he scores there is no joy, his body language shows someone who expects too much out of himself to the point that even the good things get lost in his own frustration.

All perfectly said, but the main point I highlighted. That goal he scored to break his drought near the end of last season (agains the ducks I believe) perfectly illustrated this point.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Is the "want to move Vilardi to the wing position" so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle, or because you don't really see him as a top 6 center, ever? If it's the latter, maybe that should tell fans something about wanting to make a trade for him as a center.

Vilardi is a winger if he stays a King. His foot speed and defensive awareness is lacking to become a 200 foot center that the Kings demand from all 4 centers. Once QB is back and if Kupari continues his progression, I don't see how he remains a center on this team. The farm also has JAD and Turcotte that fit in that 200 foot center model.

Reactions: KingsOfThe805

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Rangers are reciprocally in the same place.
It's a shame Jones is not coupla inchest taller. Over time an extra 15-20 lbs of muscle can be added, assuming it does not go too far and impedes flexibility.
Unfortunately can't teach height

Other than the height, Jones is exactly what Kings want. It's early but he looks like lefty version of Fox lite at this pt.

Were height not an issue, I would do
Jones + conditional 2023 NYR 3rd
for
Villardi

condition is it stays that way if combo of
Vilardi and/or Jones disappoints/underperforms [can figure out by how much]
and reciprocally
adds a 2023 nyr 1st if combo of
Vilardi and/or Jones pleases/overperforms

somthing like that
everything else at present is coke for pepsi, or too much for some and not enough for others

again no
we do not an overwhelming gaping hole at pivot
even w/Strome going b'c long term cannot afford

Zib
Chytil
Barron/Krav
Blais/Rooney ++

we do not have a lot of depth, but that is dif from an immediate need

Nemeth is making Jones, Reunanen + Hajek available.
Lindgren will have to keep his job vs the bigger version of him, Robertson
I would look to target kandre Miller but vilardi doesn't get you there. Jones is undersized as LA would be looking to add size to the blue line. I don't know what NY would want for Miller if he's even available. Both Miller and vilardi are prospects so they have that going for them.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would look to target kandre Miller but vilardi doesn't get you there. Jones is undersized as LA would be looking to add size to the blue line. I don't know what NY would want for Miller if he's even available. Both Miller and vilardi are prospects so they have that going for them.

At this pt Miller is not available.
Nemeth has been a pleasant surprise although the need to have cap for LaF, Kakko + Blais suggests we prob keep KAM and later deal Nemeth.

The thing w/Miller is he is a core piece not surplus.
Jones would also be core except he is literally the lefty version of Fox lite, and we already have Fox.
Nils L is not quite that level playmaker so far, but he is nore than adequate, and has a bomb of a shot; he is also core.

So the commitment to Fox and Nils makes Jones surplus.

I get Jones is average sized which is too short for LA.
Were that not the case, I would consider reasonably adding to Jones for Villardi.
But as that has been unwelcomed, it is what it is.

We will move some of the surplus in our lesser D logjam, making spot eventually for Jones. We will up his value, showcase, and prob deal at that pt unless a good enuf offer is had now.

Reactions: apocalypse

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Seattle seems like they could be a good trading partner...

To L.A.: Fleury

To Seattle: Vilardi

Although Seattle may prefer to hold onto Fleury with Giordano only having 1 year left on his deal

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
At this pt Miller is not available.
Nemeth has been a pleasant surprise although the need to have cap for LaF, Kakko + Blais suggests we prob keep KAM and later deal Nemeth.

The thing w/Miller is he is a core piece not surplus.
Jones would also be core except he is literally the lefty version of Fox lite, and we already have Fox.
Nils L is not quite that level playmaker so far, but he is nore than adequate, and has a bomb of a shot; he is also core.

So the commitment to Fox and Nils makes Jones surplus.

I get Jones is average sized which is too short for LA.
Were that not the case, I would consider reasonably adding to Jones for Villardi.
But as that has been unwelcomed, it is what it is.

We will move some of the surplus in our lesser D logjam, making spot eventually for Jones. We will up his value, showcase, and prob deal at that pt unless a good enuf offer is had now.
Jones doesn't net you a top100 prospect, get that out of your head

More line Kravtsov + Jones as the add foe Villardi

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How am I wrong on Jones? He's been struggling in the AHL right now, is a small d-man who'll never be anything mroe than a MA Bergeron type. That never nets you Villardi. NEVER.

if Jones is already a top 100 prospect, and I don't' doubt he is well rated, then he returns at least a top 100 counterpart.
So on that pt, to the letter of what you said, that is how you are wrong.

As to Villardi if we get him fine, if not, fine.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
if Jones is already a top 100 prospect, and I don't' doubt he is well rated, then he returns at least a top 100 counterpart.

Oh, okay.

In that case Akil Thomas for Nils Lundqvist.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s all going to depend on Robertson imo. If he’s a year or year and a half away max, the rangers could possibly make Miller available.
It’s miller’s raw athletic tools and size that make him so intriguing.
There’s some games where he looks absolutely amazing and you see the potential. Others where he still looks green. He hasn’t been a defenseman all that long and made the jump right from college to top 4 minutes and has done well.
So far this season, he’s been more consistent which is a good sign. Trouba is really helping him with his overall game.
Miller-Clarke could be a very scary tandem for the kings for a long time.
I think Miller would be a solid get for the kings.
Rangers need a 2C.
Even if Robertson is ready to go by next camp, Miller won’t be traded cheap.
It would have to be a legitimate hockey trade.
Maybe like Miller+ Kravtsov for Turcotte something along those lines.
With Zibby extended, and Barron ready to take over 3C duties by next year, maybe even earlier, the rangers only real hole is at 2C. That’s why this is such a big season for chytil. He’s still only 22, but he’s better start playing more consistent or he’ll be traded and an upgrade will he brought in. Chytil also hasn’t really shown any chemistry with Panarin. Turcotte would be a solid center with bread I believe because he would do the dirty work. I’m sick of strome and can’t wait til he’s gone at the end of the year. Starting next season,
for the next 5 years at least NYR center looks like
1.Zibanejad
2.Maybe Chytil? ( trade return Kupari/Turcotte?)
3. Barron
4. Rooney/Richards/UFA
Defense
Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Robertson/Lundkvist/Jones-Trouba
Miller/Robertson/Lundkvist/Jones-Schneider

the way I see it, the rangers are going to trade 2 of Robertson/Miller/Jones/Lundkvist. In the next year to year and a half’s time.
The other 2 with be on our D for the long haul.
I’m not sure if Villardi would be a good fit with Panarin. But he’s a damn good player, and I’d love to have him. Who knows, Barron might have chemistry with Panarin or they could bump him up with Zibby/Kreider.
There for sure is a trade to be made between these 2 teams, but I don’t know when the best time over the next year or so it is....

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Jones is NOT a top 100 prospect lol. He's not even top150

Reactions: kinghock

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
It’s all going to depend on Robertson imo. If he’s a year or year and a half away max, the rangers could possibly make Miller available.
It’s miller’s raw athletic tools and size that make him so intriguing.
There’s some games where he looks absolutely amazing and you see the potential. Others where he still looks green. He hasn’t been a defenseman all that long and made the jump right from college to top 4 minutes and has done well.
So far this season, he’s been more consistent which is a good sign. Trouba is really helping him with his overall game.
Miller-Clarke could be a very scary tandem for the kings for a long time.
I think Miller would be a solid get for the kings.
Rangers need a 2C.
Even if Robertson is ready to go by next camp, Miller won’t be traded cheap.
It would have to be a legitimate hockey trade.
Maybe like Miller+ Kravtsov for Turcotte something along those lines.
With Zibby extended, and Barron ready to take over 3C duties by next year, maybe even earlier, the rangers only real hole is at 2C. That’s why this is such a big season for chytil. He’s still only 22, but he’s better start playing more consistent or he’ll be traded and an upgrade will he brought in. Chytil also hasn’t really shown any chemistry with Panarin. Turcotte would be a solid center with bread I believe because he would do the dirty work. I’m sick of strome and can’t wait til he’s gone at the end of the year. Starting next season,
for the next 5 years at least NYR center looks like
1.Zibanejad
2.Maybe Chytil? ( trade return Kupari/Turcotte?)
3. Barron
4. Rooney/Richards/UFA
Defense
Lindgren-Fox
Miller/Robertson/Lundkvist/Jones-Trouba
Miller/Robertson/Lundkvist/Jones-Schneider

the way I see it, the rangers are going to trade 2 of Robertson/Miller/Jones/Lundkvist. In the next year to year and a half’s time.
The other 2 with be on our D for the long haul.
I’m not sure if Villardi would be a good fit with Panarin. But he’s a damn good player, and I’d love to have him. Who knows, Barron might have chemistry with Panarin or they could bump him up with Zibby/Kreider.
There for sure is a trade to be made between these 2 teams, but I don’t know when the best time over the next year or so it is....
I don't think turcotte is available. He's our future at 2c or wing. We don't really want kravtsov just because of the Russian factor. Maybe something could be done around vilardi+ for Miller. I'd really like to see Miller in a kings uni. Guys got size. He could slot in right next to doughty or Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad