Value of: Gabriel Vilardi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Actually, he is exactly the type of forward the Kings need. He's a big forward that can play multiple positions. I don't see the Kings being interested in moving him at all. If they did, the cost would be so prohibitive that I doubt any team would be interested. Right now isn't the time to be moving any of their youth.
Rangers are reciprocally in the same place.
It's a shame Jones is not coupla inchest taller. Over time an extra 15-20 lbs of muscle can be added, assuming it does not go too far and impedes flexibility.
Unfortunately can't teach height

Other than the height, Jones is exactly what Kings want. It's early but he looks like lefty version of Fox lite at this pt.

Were height not an issue, I would do
Jones + conditional 2023 NYR 3rd
for
Villardi

condition is it stays that way if combo of
Vilardi and/or Jones disappoints/underperforms [can figure out by how much]
and reciprocally
adds a 2023 nyr 1st if combo of
Vilardi and/or Jones pleases/overperforms

somthing like that
everything else at present is coke for pepsi, or too much for some and not enough for others

Again, Nils Lundkvist for Gabe Vilardi
again no
we do not an overwhelming gaping hole at pivot
even w/Strome going b'c long term cannot afford

Zib
Chytil
Barron/Krav
Blais/Rooney ++

we do not have a lot of depth, but that is dif from an immediate need

Nemeth is making Jones, Reunanen + Hajek available.
Lindgren will have to keep his job vs the bigger version of him, Robertson

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I don't know what LA would need to add to entice Tampa to trade Sergachev, but something like Vilardi and Kempe as a starting point would be of great interest. Or perhaps just LA's first round pick with smaller pieces if need be. The only pieces I'd keep off the table for Sergachev are Byfield and Clarke.

La’s 1st should not even remotely be available.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I like Vilardi for Kravtsov

No thanks.

Kravtsov is a RW that hasn’t shown anything at the NHL level to this point. Never mind that point he is no a big physical defenseman that we need.

we just sent another Russian winger to the AHL. I am sure he would be recalled before Blake throws a 6’3 pivot in a trade for another winger.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
my offers? I've only suggested to the Leafs fan what would be a fair deal and answered it

and you certainly do not get sergachev or chyt for vilardi 1-1, just like the offer you just liked suggests

This was your offers, is it not?
“silly.. the correct answer if Kerfoot+3rd

how about Sandin? Lily's not enuff.. is Sandin more appropriate?”

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
La’s 1st should not even remotely be available.

In-season, if Sergachev is the game changer we need to make the playoffs, then we should do it. If we're more than a Sergachev away from the playoffs, or if the trade is much later in the season or in the offseason, then I agree.

Reactions: kinghock

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He probably would play well for Toronto. He is just in TMac's doghouse because they expect high numbers from him but don't put him in the position or with the players to get them. He is an average to slightly above-average skater with an above-average shot and very good hands. He is just not our #2 center of the future, or likely isn't and needs to be moved to top-6 wing.

Reactions: dick341

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
His value is a second round pick IMO.

Same as Andersson when the Rangers traded him.
Definitely better than Andersson and worth more. At least Vilardi has put up somewhat respectable numbers in his short career so far.

Andersson was not performing, trying to force his way out and value dropped too much.

None of these are like the other

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Is the "want to move Vilardi to the wing position" so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle, or because you don't really see him as a top 6 center, ever? If it's the latter, maybe that should tell fans something about wanting to make a trade for him as a center.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Is the "want to move Vilardi to the wing position" so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle, or because you don't really see him as a top 6 center, ever? If it's the latter, maybe that should tell fans something about wanting to make a trade for him as a center.

Kopitar and Danault are signed long term.

Byfield, Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, are all high end first round picks fighting for the same spot.

Anderson-Dolan, Akil Thomas, Lizotte are all in the organization as well

we are stuffed at center

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Actually, he is exactly the type of forward the Kings need. He's a big forward that can play multiple positions. I don't see the Kings being interested in moving him at all. If they did, the cost would be so prohibitive that I doubt any team would be interested. Right now isn't the time to be moving any of their youth.

Tell that to Todd McLellan. Yesterday would've been his second healthy scratch in a row if he hadn't gone on "COVID protocol."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad