GDT: G9: Senators @ Avalanche - 10/27/24 @ 7:00 PM MST

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
In the immortal words of Emile Francis "hockey is a slippery game". We're gonna have weird nights like that. I saw the Avs come back from 5-0 against Florida in '96.

Hockey happens.
Yeah I remember Peter Forsberg doing that too. This was not that. And anyway, it’s not unenlightened to be concerned about things regardless of outcome

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I understand all that, so my question I guess is simple. If they said you can have Kadri back but have to give up Mitts, who would do it and who wouldn’t? Contract and age aside

We are moving goalposts now as the original question was understood as Mitts right now or ‘22 Kadri.

Either way, your question should be Kadri+Byram or Mitts.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kadri now isn't what Mitts is now.
If Mitts continues this pace or even close to it, don’t think 22 Kadri can match it. Would like to see what Mitts looks like when we get healthier and get Val back. 12 points in 9 games while playing with Kovy and LOC is no joke. That’s very encouraging

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We are moving goalposts now as the original question was understood as Mitts right now or ‘22 Kadri.

Either way, your question should be Kadri+Byram or Mitts.
Definitely Kadri+Byram. My question was just for 2C. Who would you rather have. Forget Byram and what’s Kadri doing this year. If you had a choice right now to have one of them, who would you take?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Shot Attempts: 74-56 Avs
Shots on Goal: 32-30 Avs
Scoring Chances: 41-22 Avs
High Danger Chances: 17-9 Avs
xGF: 4.21-2.36 Avs lmao

Yeah, this shouldn't have been close. Annunen's first bad start. Forsberg allowed 4 goals and still saved more than he should have technically. Game could have been blown wide open especially early in the 3rd.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Definitely Kadri+Byram. My question was just for 2C. Who would you rather have. Forget Byram and what’s Kadri doing this year. If you had a choice right now to have one of them, who would you take?

Clearly Mittelstadt is a better player than Kadri is today.

That’s why it cost us a young top 4 D to acquire Mitts.

If the question is ‘22 Kadri or ‘24 Mitts, I don’t know but one guy has a Cup and played a huge part in getting said Cup. Re-evaluate in a year.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think it's time to go back to Ludvig, de Haan is just not good at all.

For tomorrow, assuming Lehk is back:

Colton - Mack - Mikko
Lehk - Mitts - Kovalenko
Kivi - Kelly (barf) - LOC
Wood - Ivan - Steinberg

Toews - Makar
G - Manson
Ludvig - Malinski
Whats the issue with Ludvig anyways? In the games he played he was more than fine. I dont recall getting angry once at him. With De Haan its 5 times a game.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Clearly Mittelstadt is a better player than Kadri is today.

That’s why it cost us a young top 4 D to acquire Mitts.

If the question is ‘22 Kadri or ‘24 Mitts, I don’t know but one guy has a Cup and played a huge part in getting said Cup. Re-evaluate in a year.
Yup that’s what my question is, and your answer is fair. I love Kadri a lot and what he did for us, but I get different vibes with Mitts. More calm and collected type of player who just produces no matter who he plays with. I don’t remember if Naz could produce playing with lesser talent

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It’s going to be Georgiev, it has already been stated by Bednar
Lame. He'll give up 6 on 12 shots and Bednar will blame everything other than George.

It will be Fourgiev and it likely will be his last shot. If he shits himself again and has a sub .800 or something hes done for imo
He'll play like shit but they won't do anything about it. They never do. It's been an ongoing problem that they casually sweep under the rug and hope no one notices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad