GDT: G1: NYR @ Wild 7pm CT (BSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There's a difference between reacting and overreacting. You know this, but whatever.
Can't say I've read every post in the thread, but I'm having trouble coming up with too many overreactions. Maybe ripping the Fleury re-signing could qualify, but we're also talking about a late-30's goalie here, and putting a ton of confidence in that is fairly questionable.

Everything else, I think, was just pointing out guys playing bad, because guys were playing bad.

I am open to seeing evidence to contrary, though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So instead of 14m in dead cap we want to increase it?

Still have 3-4m free, which is ridiculous. So what's one more in dead cap.

But would certainly be a defeat for Guerin to get rid of Fleury, he may not do it unless Leipold says "buy him out or I'll have to fire you".

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't say I've read every post in the thread, but I'm having trouble coming up with too many overreactions. Maybe ripping the Fleury re-signing could qualify, but we're also talking about a late-30's goalie here, and putting a ton of confidence in that is fairly questionable.

Everything else, I think, was just pointing out guys playing bad, because guys were playing bad.

I am open to seeing evidence to contrary, though.
Fleury wasn’t close to the main problem last night. That belongs to #25.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fleury wasn’t close to the main problem last night. That belongs to #25.

I don't know how you quantify individual responsibility, but Fleury was definitely a big problem last night regardless of who else shares the blame.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I guess an arbitrary difference is still a difference.

I'd be more worried if letting the other team score a touchdown in the home opener didn't get fans a little fired up.
Or the fact that Minnesota's best defensive defenseman was a -4

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sounds like an overreaction.

I tend to think that if you give up 7 goals, it's hard for a single skater to be a "main problem", unless they're directly responsible for 6 of them or something.
Brodin was hot garbage all night. That’s not a hot take.

Overreaction: trade Brodin

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well rags looked like cup contenders and we looked like we're in the race for "sokk hard for bedard" i know its only 1 game but man don't the fans deserve atleast some of their hard earned money back? #unprepared

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Still have 3-4m free, which is ridiculous. So what's one more in dead cap.

But would certainly be a defeat for Guerin to get rid of Fleury, he may not do it unless Leipold says "buy him out or I'll have to fire you".
3-4 this year sure, what about next year? Buying him out doesn’t make sense unless it’s buy him out or you’re fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad