G Pyotr Kochetkov (2019, 36th, CAR)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Can anyone give us some updates on how Pyotr is doing lately? Thanks in advance!!

He was out injured for a long time but he just recently came back for a game on February 18. His KHL team plays at 11:30 EST today, no word on who is starting yet that I see. When he was being traded around the KHL/VHL there was word that he wanted to come to North America. It will be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

Reactions: SvechneJerk

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
According to Capfriendly "contract includes a European Assignment Clause". Previously there were strong rumors that he will be loaned back to Torpedo for the next season, so it might mean that.

Upd.: and according to the KHL transaction page he has been loaned back to Torpedo.
Thats a great decision, considering they (Carolina) also just signed another goaltending prospect to an ELC in Mäkiniemi. Kind of creates a logjam for them if you include Beck Warm who is also on an ELC.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Thats a great decision, considering they (Carolina) also just signed another goaltending prospect to an ELC in Mäkiniemi. Kind of creates a logjam for them if you include Beck Warm who is also on an ELC.

Warm has looked great in his limited action.

They also would like to get Lafontaine under contract after the year he just had I’m sure.

From no goalie prospects under contract to possibly too many.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nice to see him getting a firm grip on the starter's job after a shaky beginning of the season. Needless to say, his development has been bumpy but he is getting into the groove now.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
has looked so good since coming over to North America - I'm not hesitant to say I think he's already the best goalie outside of the NHL right now. A couple of warts to his game but his speed and athleticism helps him recover in situations and really insulates his weaknesses. Canes got the future in net right here

Reactions: CandyCanes

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
Another dub - thats 5 wins in 6 games, no regulation losses with a tidy .932 sv% and 1.99 GAA since arriving to North America. Absolute stud

KOS21

Feb 23, 2022
Kochetkov (8-0-2)held fast to finish with 26 saves and win for the eighth time in 10 North American games…
1.88 GAA, .934 S%…clearly too good for the AHL?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Kochetkov (8-0-2)held fast to finish with 26 saves and win for the eighth time in 10 North American games…
1.88 GAA, .934 S%…clearly too good for the AHL?
I foresee a full AHL season next year with him being the first call up to take maybe a dozen games next year at the NHL level when Freddy and/or Raanta get dinged up. Then, the year after that he is one of the two NHL goalies full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad