G Pyotr Kochetkov (2019, 36th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If he ends up being as good as advertised, putting him behind Slavin and Pesce long term in Carolina (not to mention the other defensive assets we have) could keep the Canes in contention for a while.

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
How's SKA gonna solve the goalies situation? Hellberg and Nalimov in KHL, Kochetkov and Askarov in VHL? And what about Melnichuk? They have so many great goalies...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How's SKA gonna solve the goalies situation? Hellberg and Nalimov in KHL, Kochetkov and Askarov in VHL? And what about Melnichuk? They have so many great goalies...
I only see 2 options. They either play Askarov in the MHL (more likely one) or they trade Melnichuk out (less likely one).

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
Kochetkov in net for SKA in season opener. Melnichuk as a back-up. Interesting move by SKA, especially against strong Magnitogorsk team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Starting 2nd game in a row.

This one isn't going too well though.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Looks like SKA came back to win that game. KHL's twitter posted one of the goals; I can't blame Kochetkov on that one, centering pass that pinballed off of a couple people.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like SKA came back to win that game. KHL's twitter posted one of the goals; I can't blame Kochetkov on that one, centering pass that pinballed off of a couple people.

They all weren't great but 3rd one was flat out bad. Overall, I think he is exactly what people expect him to be at this point, the guy who has great potential but definitely with holes in his game and not real competition to Hellberg. SKA will probably try to give him some more KHL games over the course of a year but just for his development's sake.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So do the Canes have something half decent here or whats going on?
Well, he has played 2 official games after the draft where he was picked #36 which I guess qualifies as half-decent. And he is at the point of his development where most goalies are at this age. Shestyorkin split his season between KHL and VHL at this age, so will Kochetkov. Shestyorkin had .912 Sv% in the KHL, Kochetkov is at .913 after those 2 games.

So I think he is developing quite steadily and in 2 years or so we might have a better opinion about what will come out of it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
SKA is back to Piter and Kochetkov is still starting, Melnichuk still a backup. This is getting weird.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why? Hellberg is injured and Nalimov is not a goalie at all at his current shape, so Kochetkov is next in the pecking order.
A year ago Nalimov was going to the NHL and now he is supposedly not good enough to overtake 2 VHL goalies? To me, that's pretty weird. I would understand it if Kochetkov would be playing very well - he isn't. If they aren't even dressing Nalimov at any level, be it KHL or VHL, why sign him? If you don't care about his ice time or career or whatever at least let him ride the pine and let Melnichuk play in the VHL. It's literally like they have 1 goalie too many now. And that's with Hellberg injured.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Clearly not ready for the KHL yet.. Sv% below .900 already and pulled again today. After today's game, it will be ~.887 or something like that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
From what I saw in an earlier game he has very little defence in front of him.
Yeah he only plays for a 2nd best team in the league... And the other goalie on it somehow is riding 140 minutes streak of no goals allowed.

On a more serious note, that's just looking for excuses. Look how many times he gets beat on clean shots. It's not like he isn't doing very well, he is just legitimately sinking.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Yeah he only plays for a 2nd best team in the league... And the other goalie on it somehow is riding 140 minutes streak of no goals allowed.

On a more serious note, that's just looking for excuses. Look how many times he gets beat on clean shots. It's not like he isn't doing very well, he is just legitimately sinking.

Not making excuses - I commented on what I saw in one game. You’re reading way too much in to my post.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good trade for Kochetkov. He's lucky that he got out of SKA early. Many other players aren't capable of it. Look at what Podkolzin, Marchenko and Morozov are dealing with.

I know SKA pays very well, but there can't be a worse team in the KHL to play for when you are trying to break into pro hockey. It's not as if you are transferring to Barcelona or Real Madrid that is so prestigious that you can't pass up playing for them. There's still a higher league to get to. SKA's merely the best team outside the NHL. It's not some huge honor to play for them. I don't know why any young Russian player would choose to play for SKA. Or maybe they get no say in these trades. I don't know how exactly it works.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Good trade for Kochetkov. He's lucky that he got out of SKA early. Many other players aren't capable of it. Look at what Podkolzin, Marchenko and Morozov are dealing with.

I know SKA pays very well, but there can't be a worse team in the KHL to play for when you are trying to break into pro hockey. It's not as if you are transferring to Barcelona or Real Madrid that is so prestigious that you can't pass up playing for them. There's still a higher league to get to. SKA's merely the best team outside the NHL. It's not some huge honor to play for them. I don't know why any young Russian player would choose to play for SKA. Or maybe they get no say in these trades. I don't know how exactly it works.

I actually disagree it was a good trade for Kochetkov. Vityaz was rolling without him and one of the best defensive teams in the league, and he's going to have to understudy Ezhov instead of getting reps in. At least it wasn't Kunlun or something, I think it's bad for a young goalie to be on a losing team.

I agree though, it's good to get out of SKA.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad