Full clip of McDavid's expletive-filled rant at Oilers teammates drops

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No issue with him showing the passion. Despite his amazing playoffs I’m sure he was also angry at himself for not getting any points the last couple of games. Being so close to an all time historic comeback has to really sting.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
This stuff is stupid in the salary cap era, the guy eating up all the space yelling at scrubs who were the best the team could get with the money left over.

That was the genius of Tom Brady over the years. Wasn't maxing out his contract, let his team have the flexibility to sign free agents like Moss or Revis, and keep that oline in tact.

By all means, if you want to get that money, get that money. But acknowledge the consequences instead of yelling at the scrubs and castoffs they had to fill in the rest of the roster with.

Crosby did the same thing with that 8.7m contract. Pittsburgh kept winning championships vs. Kane and Toews who stopped making the playoffs once they got their big deals.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Crosby leads through positivity in the finals.

I mean when has Crosby had a chance to be as pissed off as McDavid? His teammates have shown up for him in big spots. What's he gonna do, yell at Max Talbot for scoring 2 goals in game 7 when he did nothing? Yell at Malkin for carrying them during the series?

Reactions: GMR and mcdingdong

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
It's pretty remarkable just how good he's been as a player. You really can't ask anything more from him.

Florida was just that good as a team along with their goaltending. He probably had the best playoffs in the post-cap world of any player last year.

b6a8ddde-c0f5-4d14-8982-7963db816ac1_text.gif

If you haven't seen this movie (called Moneyball) you should check it out. It's a fun one and this scene reminds me of the McDavid clip.

I like that movie. But in this clip, everyone else is looking at him. Stark contrast to the McDavid one.

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
This stuff is stupid in the salary cap era, the guy eating up all the space yelling at scrubs who were the best the team could get with the money left over.

That was the genius of Tom Brady over the years. Wasn't maxing out his contract, let his team have the flexibility to sign free agents like Moss or Revis, and keep that oline in tact.

By all means, if you want to get that money, get that money. But acknowledge the consequences instead of yelling at the scrubs and castoffs they had to fill in the rest of the roster with.

Crosby did the same thing with that 8.7m contract. Pittsburgh kept winning championships vs. Kane and Toews who stopped making the playoffs once they got their big deals.
I don't know why everyone keeps saying Crosby has taken less his whole career. Same percentage of the cap as McDavid's deal. First time he did was this offseason as a 37 year old on a team that is dead in the water lmao. Use your heads fellas.

Reactions: crowfish

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
If he expects to finish his career in Detroit, he needs to control his temper. Yzerman and Lidstrom aren’t the yelling types.

I mean when has Crosby had a chance to be as pissed off as McDavid? His teammates have shown up for him in big spots. What's he gonna do, yell at Max Talbot for scoring 2 goals in game 7 when he did nothing? Yell at Malkin for carrying them during the series?
LOL

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
He is singularly focused on one thing and one thing only: winning the Stanley Cup. Dude looked crushed after that Game 7 loss. Who wouldn't want a guy like that captaining their time? I think it's only a matter of time for Connor.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Some of the takes in this thread are absolutely embarrassing. And this is coming from someone who takes every opportunity to shit on the Oilers.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I like players to have passion, but the rant itself was just lame. I mean, I get it but it was just him venting and was not actually inspiring in any way.
I mean there are worse in the series. You have the Toronto core 4 bitching about themselves, at least McDavids outburst was team oriented.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I can’t believe he disemboweled someone from the equipment staff with his skate blade to show the players he means business.

That’s leadership! Let’s go CONNOR!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad