GDT: Devils Sabres in Prague Game 1, 1 p.m. EDT, 7 p.m CEST

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
What's frustrating is these games against the Devils are gonna be maddening and then we will play some fluff team and destroy them and forget that we look like amateurs against the teams you need to beat to be competitive and win a cup.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Line 1 has been abysmal. Line 2 has been pretty bad. Line 3 has been serviceable. Line 4 has been good.
Yeah. I'd just change it to line 3 looked serviceable outside of the 1 very bad shift that led to GA1.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Line 1 has been abysmal. Line 2 has been pretty bad. Line 3 has been serviceable. Line 4 has been good.
The core is a problem again. Oyee...

I just need to remind myself...
It's only game 1....it's only game 1....it's only game 1.

My patience is pretty thin this year, though. Last year sucked, then the core all but admitted they took the offseason off duringg the lockerroom cleanouts. At that point, my interest in the team diminished to an incredibly low level. Hiring Ruff and revamping the bottom 6 honestly saved me from not tuning in at all this season,but the leash is incredibly short regardless.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
And they all were crying for accountability at the end of last season.

Lindy Ruff needs to pass out hand held mirrors to Tuch and Thompson during the intermission. They look like they don’t even care.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm super excited to wait for one of Ostlund or Helenius to develop into a top-line C that can take the pressure and assignments off the two less intelligent top-line Cs we have. It was really boring to have one already, and a decent center spine with depth. Waiting for another couple years is the best part of being a Sabres fan.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Dahlin is our best most reliable playmaker and he is doing nothing.

Dude needs to start attacking.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
It's gotten me in arguments before, but I find Tage and Tuch hard to consider power forwards.
When Tuch is on, he is a menace. When he is not, he doesn't take the body as much. Tage is only a power forward type because his size and reach. He is not physical.

As a whole I am seeing a team that is being overwhelmed by a very fast team. Too much thinking.

However, goaltending is a difference here, could/should be a 2-1 score.

It's game one.

Breathe.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Byram and Power have been solid I think. Samuelson and Clifton beyond the obvious pizza from Sammy have been invisible which is ok for a 3rd pairing.

Jokiharju has been abysmal
Clifton has been the only guy quietly doing his job right.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
What's frustrating is these games against the Devils are gonna be maddening and then we will play some fluff team and destroy them and forget that we look like amateurs against the teams you need to beat to be competitive and win a cup.
Wow. I suspect they’ll play a good third. Pucks bouncing and all. Oh doom. Nice stick save by maelstrom . If not. If they don’t come out hard and have some timing tomorrow… then you can give them some shite til the tenth. I doubt that but we’ll see who steps up to nhl speed in the next 20 min.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'm not happy with the score, but considering what I think the Devils are, I have felt like we are playing with them. They are finishing, we aren't. When I logged on, it seems that every sabres fan on the internet feels worse than I do so far

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
The Devils are stacked imo ... this is the type of team that reminds me that we're nowhere close to being a contender. It feels like even if this group snuck in the playoffs ... we cannot go toe to toe with real teams that actually have elite players. We have exactly one elite player in Dahlin and it's rearing it's ugly head when guys like Thompson and Tuch aren't in a run & gun system.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Devils are stacked imo ... this is the type of team that reminds me that we're nowhere close to being a contender. It feels like even if this group snuck in the playoffs ... we cannot go toe to toe with real teams that actually have elite players. We have exactly one elite player in Dahlin and it's rearing it's ugly head when guys like Thompson and Tuch aren't in a run & gun system.
Stacked. 40 min in. Give or take a necas. I think we are similar squads. I think we’ll like McLeod. Over the year. . Punch Hughes in the face til he cries.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm not happy with the score, but considering what I think the Devils are, I have felt like we are playing with them. They are finishing, we aren't. When I logged on, it seems that every sabres fan on the internet feels worse than I do so far
It just feels like last year's opener that was one of the all time worst/least enjoyable sporting events I have ever attended and all I can think watching this is this Thursday won't be any better.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Stacked. 40 min in. Give or take a necas. I think we are similar squads. I think we’ll like McLeod. Over the year. . Punch Hughes in the face til he cries.
Similar and yet they're better at just about every position in the forward lines. That's the issue, our forwards are not good enough.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It just feels like last year's opener that was one of the all time worst/least enjoyable sporting events I have ever attended and all I can think watching this is this Thursday won't be any better.
I was miserable watching that game, I'm not miserable right now. idk, i see the bones of a team that can be good. just gotta keep playing

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad