World Cup: National Team threads #2

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
When "ballon d'or/nelson mandela" Vinicius, who should be your best player, hasn't scored for you since 2022 and has a goal every 467 minutes for the NT (lol), life's difficult in the SA qualifications 😁

Imagine being such a racist that you feel the need to call Vinicius 'Nelson Mandela' because he had the audacity to feel badly and speak up about the racist abuse he's suffered.

A real hero right there. Made all the funnier when it's by someone who has to cosplay as a Spaniard to enjoy the sport. I'm honestly 75/25 on whether that guy even lives in Barcelona or is just pretending and he's actually in Romania.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Imagine being such a racist that you feel the need to call Vinicius 'Nelson Mandela' because he had the audacity to feel badly and speak up about the racist abuse he's suffered.

A real hero right there. Made all the funnier when it's by someone who has to cosplay as a Spaniard to enjoy the sport. I'm honestly 75/25 on whether that guy even lives in Barcelona or is just pretending and he's actually in Romania.
Nothing to add. Just feels like this should be quoted

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Worth noting that Griezmann ABSOLUTELY wanted to play WC in the US. He's also close to the Cap record.
There have been rumors of a big rift with DD. I think it's more than rumors now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kleindienst is expected to be nominated for the next international break. Well deserved.

Next we need Chabot to get integrated at CB. His ballskills may be meh, but he’s the best German defender atm.

If Pavlovic can take over for Groß as well, I’ll feel really good about our chances in 2026:

Musiala - Undav* - Havertz - Wirtz
Pavlovic - Andrich/Stiller
Mittelstadt - Schlotterbeck - Chabot/Rüdiger - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

*Füllkrug / Beier / Kleindienst / Moukoko / Burkardt // Sane / Führich / Brandt / Gruda / Wanner / Adeyemi

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mbappe dropped from French squad.

"I spoke with Kylian about the situation, which is still uncertain after coming on as a substitute on Wednesday. He has a match on Saturday and there are questions," Deschamps said in a news conference after the squad announcement.

"He has a problem which is not serious but he needs treatment to recover properly. I am not here to take risks. That is why Kylian is not here."

Deschamps also raised concerns over Mbappé's frame of mind during the last international break in September, where France were beaten by Italy before winning against Belgium.

"I have no doubt about Kylian's commitment but he was not in the best condition during the last gathering," the head coach said.

Mbappé out of France squad to aid injury recovery

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe dropped from French squad.
Few possible reasons :
- injured but he played yesterday
- fear of injury but that didn't count when it was PSG
- Mbappe asking for some time off because of the vicious atmosphere in France around him, even more since the Griezmann retirement
- DD making a bold move because of reported problems in the lockerroom.

I doubt the last one.

Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good : calling up Maza from Hertha Berlin

Bad :,calling up Mahrez instead of Belloumi and Chaibi

f***ing Petkovic

Shame to lose Maza but I’m not shocked; just like I won’t be if we lose Wanner too. Both are really talented but they’d be in a ~15* man race for 2 attacking spots alongside Musiala & Wirtz.

*Havertz, Undav, Füllkrug, Beier, Moukoko, Kleindienst, Burkardt, Weiper, Moerstedt; Sane, Brandt, Führich, Gnabry, Gruda, Adeyemi, Brunner, Darvich, Bischof, etc.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bild is reporting that Baumann, Nübel, and Blaswich will be Nagelsmann's nominations in goal...I don't understand the Blaswich love. If you don't want the drama of Trapp or Leno thinking they deserve the job over ter Stegen, why not pick Ortega?

Worst group of keepers Germany has ever had in the NT?

Haven't seen Blaswich in Austrian league this season, but he hasn't been good in Europe. Wasn't impressed with him last season either, even when he got an extended run in Leipzig after Gulacsi's injury.

Ortega seems better now, as has got playing time with City too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Worst group of keepers Germany has ever had in the NT?

Haven't seen Blaswich in Austrian league this season, but he hasn't been good in Europe. Wasn't impressed with him last season either, even when he got an extended run in Leipzig after Gulacsi's injury.

Ortega seems better now, as has got playing time with City too.

Baumann’s very good, despite TSG giving up more chances than anyone else in the buli…but yeah I don’t rate either of the other two...I'm lowkey expecting Nübel to lose his job to Seimen sooner than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Need to start introducing Chabot and transitioning to the kids in the doublepivot...Pavlovic at least...but should be enough quality to win both matches next week.

Musiala - Havertz - Undav/Kleindienst - Wirtz
Andrich/Stiller - Groß/Pavlovic
Raum/Mittelstadt - Schlotterbeck/Tah - Rüdiger/Tah - Kimmich
Baumann
EDIT:
Leweling has been called up to replace Musiala who has had to withdraw from this NT break

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Beier will be with the U21s next week though Adeyemi's injury will prevent him from being there too. God would that team just be loaded if we sent everyone who isn’t yet a senior team fixture.

Moukoko/Beier
Adeyemi - Wanner - Gruda
Martel - Pavlovic
Netz/Rothe - Arrey Mbi/Blank - Oermann - Morgalla/Thielmann
Urbig/Atubolu​

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Karazor has accepted a call up from Turkiye. If Pavlovic hadn't come out of nowhere, I actually think that Karazor could've taken over for Andrich and formed a strong partnership with Stiller for club & country.

But with the way things have played out, this is probably for the best. We can focus on blooding Pavlovic & Stiller in alongside Andrich, Groß, & Can; Karazor gets a clearer path to PT, and the Turks add some more depth to their midfield.

If they can sort out their defense, we could see another up period for the turks. They've got some really interesting kids coming up in the attacking third and some very solid midfield options.

Yildiz/Uzun
Aktürkoğlu/Kiliçsoy - Güler - Yilmaz/Dinkçi
Çalhanoğlu/Kökçü - Yüksek/Karazor
Kadioğlu - Demiral - Kaplan/Özcan - Müldür
Günok​

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Paolo Maldini's son Daniel (22 years, ex-Milan, currently Monza) has been called up into Italy squad for the first time.

If he makes an appearance, there can't be many families in the world, where three generations (grandfather Cesare, Paolo and now Daniel) have been NT players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad