GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Ghost was probably asking for 4+ million. Once Detroit was out then Ghost had to take what was left. He was terrible defensively so no big loss.

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Nashville bid like Bruce Wayne.

Yzerman: Stamkos 5m x 2

Trotz: That's a lot of money, Stevie.... for you.

Stamkos 8m x 4.

yeah I mean who you think JBB learned the hardass playing hardball shtick from? I can totally see Yzerman just going a bit higher than Tampa's offer lol

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Still wondering who exactly is gonna be that other top 6 forward. Still have 0 coverage in case any of our top 6 goes down especially Larkin and the d-core has like 9 guys but we are still 2 top 4 d short. Awful

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Well Yzerman can be amazing at his job. But if players don't wanna sign, what can he do? Assuming he didn't try and lowball offers of course.

I hear you, and I feel like I'm pretty sober about the difficulties of drawing certain players to Detroit. At some point though a GM has to be accountable for the talent on the roster. I can make peace with whatever carousel of Lyon/Husso, Talbot, and Campbell we rotate at goalie this year, although I don't love it. Barring a major trade, the forward core looks largely the same, with maybe Berggren replacing Sprong (fine) and maybe another UFA taking Perron's role. I can make peace with that too, although I think we're in deep, deep trouble if Larking misses games or if Kane isn't a superhero this year.

The blue line is tougher to justify imo. We continue to shuffle the deck on guys who should be playing 4-6 minutes. A Trouba deal would help if that gets over the line. The left side is still pretty rough. I respect the difficulty of the position that Yzerman was placed in, but at some point I do think he has to put his stamp on a move that materially improves the team (and I'd like to see that on the blue line).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad