GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
What prospect is gonna play in the top 6 and succeed next year?
Berggren, Danielson.

If berggren played in the top 6, people would have a vastly different opinion on him. He is just not a bottom 6 forward player. Danielson could have a close to same impact as Larkin did in his first year

Reactions: norrisnick

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
It was never supposed to take six years minimum just to get back to the playoffs.
Did you see the roster and cap situation Stevie inherited when he came back here? We're *still* paying the Abdelkader buyout, and will be until the end of next season.

I knew it was going to take some time to get back to the playoffs, and I would say most fans did.

Reactions: Bondurant

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Did you see the roster and cap situation Stevie inherited when he came back here? We're *still* paying the Abdelkader buyout, and will be until the end of next season.

I knew it was going to take some time to get back to the playoffs, and I would say most fans did.
I understand why some are frustrated but I always echo back to Yzerman's first presser. He told us up front it was going to be slow and long process to relevancy. He wasn't kidding.

Reactions: dj4aces

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I know it's early but I really don't like the defense.
It's definitely better than last year though.

Seider-johansson
Edvinsson-gustafsson
Chiarot-petry
Holl

Honestly this board is going overboard. When we didn't get trouba or ghost they got Gustafsson which is an improvement and edvinsson and Johansson will be improvements also

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Yzerman not speaking with the media today, makes me think there has to be some bigger moves. If this is essentially the roster with some minor tweaks, that would be a disaster of an off-season

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Yzerman not speaking with the media today, makes me think there has to be some bigger moves. If this is essentially the roster with some minor tweaks, that would be a disaster of an off-season
Doubt it I think this is maybe the roster + a depth forward. Team has lost talent and is still soft as puppy shit to play against, but hey at least we have 4 goalies

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

Seider-johansson
Edvinsson-gustafsson
Chiarot-petry
Holl

Honestly this board is going overboard. When we didn't get trouba or ghost they got Gustafsson which is an improvement and edvinsson and Johansson will be improvements also
No way AlJo is on the top pair.

Chiarot-Seider
Ed-Gustaf
Maatta-Petry
Holl/Aljo

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014

At this point seems like the game is to pray the Wings overachieve like crazy and go for Draisaitl as a rental at the trade deadline lol

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

Seider-johansson
Edvinsson-gustafsson
Chiarot-petry
Holl

As of now we've essentially swapped Ghost for Gus and Walman for Johansson. That to me feels lateral at best. We'll see what happens in the trade market.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Develop them in the minors.

Sign Atkinson or Skinner.
The longer Skinner is out there, the more likely I feel we can work something out. He's your shot at getting another 30 goal scorer and isn't going to cost $6+ mil and more than 2-3 years of term. We've done a solid job filling out the scoring line wing spots through trades and UFA signings.

Cat-Larkin-Ray
Skinner-Danielson-Kane

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Some things to keep in mind:

1. The Wings have room in their roster for guys we've been clamoring for to move up. And not just the guys who need to move up (Berggren, Johansson) but ones that could break out in camp because they are ready (Kasper, Mazur, Danielson, etc.) - there will be space and roles for them to come up and do some work

2. Half of the league seemed to absolutely lose their mind, not just in dollar amount, but in astronomical term; this gives the Wings a lot of flexibility going forward to facilitate and to capitalize here on out both in the near team, and in next season why so many teams are now buried in long term commitments to some...rather question pieces and ages.

3. We have four goalies for some reason? I cannot imagine that Lyon or Talbot are going anyway. Campbell probably is a flyer on pedigree and reclamation - so AHL perhaps or just depth. Meaning we should expect some kind of move with Husso going forward.

4. Most importantly, there are number of teams that flat out need to make moves going forward to even ice a complete team. So many teams are over or near the cap to make much of this kind of difficult and will have to shed players, in a market where a team like the Wings could very much capitalize:

To name a few:

Avalanche - 16 / 23 - with only 6M in space; plus 8M sitting on IR that could push them way over. They will need to do something

Knights - 19/23 - 1.8M in space; Shea Theodore has been on the block for a while; Peiterangelo also has been shopped supposedly

Panthers - 18/23 - 8M in space; supposedly have looked for buyers for Ekbald

Senators - probably needs to do something with Pinto at least; make room for more signings to round out their roster

There is a real opportunity here in trade to get assets for comparatively cheap value because there are fewer and fewer trading options to move off a 7.5M Ekbald or a 5.3 Theodore both in cap space and need.

Just something to think about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad