GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Was
We are going to have a ton of cap space next year with the way things are going here. Husso, Maatta, Petry, Fabbri and Kane all come off.

Sad no big splashes so far, not sure any will happen. But I get not going crazy on some of term that is required out there.
Washington is almost 13m over the Cap right now, LOL

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Absolutely he should be. They have a deep system to make moves now. Solid, core moves. They should target guys like Askarov and Pinto. Assuming they like Askarov. Hearing there’s still something about Gibson being moved by Anaheim though, and the suitors have shrunk. Whether that means Detroit, who knows.

There’s trades to be made out there. You also don’t get the stupid term we’re seeing. Boston is going to despise this day in two years.
You need to get off the Askarov train. His athleticism is outstanding but his positioning is still a mess and hasn’t improved much at all since the draft. He’s tracking to be another Mrazek at this point if he can’t/won’t work on his angles. He relies too much on being athletic. Right now Cossa is a far safer bet to be a solid NHL starter.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Notice how no one is ever in a rush to sign our FA. I think Perron is the only one signed to another team so far.

I just have no idea where they plan to make up for all those lost points from Ghost and Perron. Berg ain’t gonna do it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Washington and Chicago going to be much better next season
Tanking one more year not a bad idea for Detroit

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Watching Hot Take Hockey's stream on YouTube, and wow this guy is f***ing insufferable. I wish I had cable sometimes so I didn't have to rely on jabroni youtubers for FA info

• Haha
Reactions: Sadekuuro

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
ok so let's talk trades since we aren't doing any free agency this year.

Berggren for necas straight up? add a 4th or something?
what do we trade to nyr for with trouba? Can't really be anyone with term or high aav
pinto?

we are going to need to sign sprong at this point. But someone is going to overpay for him after striking out of some of these big named players.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

what do we trade to nyr for with trouba? Can't really be anyone with term or high aav
pinto?

we are going to need to sign sprong at this point. But someone is going to overpay for him after striking out of some of these big named players.
If we resign Sprong then we might as well fire Lalonde because there is absolutely no way a GM should be resigning guys who are frequent healthy scratches

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Not sure what the plan is here. Definitely lacking in the top 6 and top 4D and not much left to fill that void out there

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I
You need to get off the Askarov train. His athleticism is outstanding but his positioning is still a mess and hasn’t improved much at all since the draft. He’s tracking to be another Mrazek at this point if he can’t/won’t work on his angles. He relies too much on being athletic. Right now Cossa is a far safer bet to be a solid NHL starter.
It’s just an example of young players who could be available. As I’ve said, I don’t even try evaluating young goaltenders for the most part. If they’re not naturals, it’s a 5-7 year adventure.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

pinto?

Acquire Shane Pinto from Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad