GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I kind of recall that Leafs fan lamented the loss of Lagesson on waivers at the trade deadline... which is vastly different to what their opinion of Justin Holl was.

But then he went on to be a #6/7 for a crappy Ducks team for the rest of the year so...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
These contracts are brutal. Definitely happy Yzerman isn’t outbidding these.
Would have matched or exceeded the deals given to Toffoli, Pesce, and Teravainen.

Some of these others I am definitely happy to be passing on.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Who's FA next class? Draisaitl 👀

We're just lining everything up for a historic Draisaitl contract offer next FA period.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Call me crazy, but I would not sign the Stamkos deal. If he has to retire in 3 years, the 8M is still on the books. The most term that would have been comfortable to me is 2 years at 8M. If it were 3 years I would lower that to 7M.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Would have matched or exceeded the deals given to Toffoli, Pesce, and Teravainen.

Some of these others I am definitely happy to be passing on.
Toffoli at 4 years isn't bad, but I'd be hesitant to sign Pesce for 6 years. Teravainen isn't a bad contract, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I wonder why we didn't trade for chych. At that price he would have been the perfect option for our defense. It's too bad Washington got Roy and chych

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
More than 4×6mil for Toffoli?????

I can hardly see 1 major contract i want any part of.
Back to back 30+ goal seasons. Brings a playstyle we could desperately use in the top 6. I would have at least tried to match it.

I wonder why we didn't trade for chych. At that price he would have been the perfect option for our defense. It's too bad Washington got Roy and chych
Would have loved adding Chyhrun at a reasonable price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad