GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Am I the only one thinking Jack Campbell to Detroit seems likely?

Michigan connection. Vet reclamation project. Same strategy of last year of taking a swing with 3 guys hoping one turns into a home run while biding time waiting for Cossa
*insert Michael Scott NO NO NO meme*

Please no more lousy bandaids in net. I might hate to lose Augustine in a deal for Askarov, but I'd do that ten times out of ten before bringing Campbell in.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Michigan connection. Vet reclamation project. Same strategy of last year of taking a swing with 3 guys hoping one turns into a home run while biding time waiting for Cossa

I doubt it

SY likes to try to fix mistakes not repeat them(even if they do)...

So I suspect he wants a 50 game starter and 30 game backup with Cossa in GR and not x3 NHL goalies again

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Please no more lousy bandaids in net. I might hate to lose Augustine in a deal for Askarov, but I'd do that ten times out of ten before bringing Campbell in.

What if he will sign 1.15M or less, which is the waiver wire limit...?

If you bury him down, he goes out from the cap.

And Oilers will pay the bigger part of his salary. :D

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

I definitely chose my words carefully in saying its something that is likely rather than something people want.

I guess with all the talk of potentially trading for Gibson, I'm not sure I see much difference between the two now that Campbell is available for free

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Am I alone in looking at Askarov and thinking why not just run with Cossa at that point?

I would like Askarov/Cossa 1A/1B.

No need for dominant starter. Let them compete for years.

When both are eating games from each other, it will limit their salaries too. It's rumoured Shesterkin is asking for 12.9M on his next deal. That the nightmare I hope never happens to our goalies.

Other one is gonna blow a knee/groin in few years. Then you have the insurance guy.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023

Please no. Campbell is not a good goalie

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I definitely chose my words carefully in saying its something that is likely rather than something people want.

I guess with all the talk of potentially trading for Gibson, I'm not sure I see much difference between the two now that Campbell is available for free
Fair. I don't want Gibson either.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I would like Askarov/Cossa 1A/1B.

No need for dominant starter. Let them compete for years.

When both are eating games from each other, it will limit their salaries too. It's rumoured Shesterkin is asking for 12.9M on his next deal. That the nightmare I hope never happens to our goalies.

Other one is gonna blow a knee/groin in few years. Then you have the insurance guy.

They aren't competing if your goal is to never allow one to de dominant.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
My only thought is Nashville is the king of the goalies. So if you can pluck from that tree, you bring the scissors.

Also Russian goalies man, they are killing it.

by the same token this is a goalie they are willing to move from. I don't think there's anything wrong with the guy, but that's the other way to look at it. They are really good at developing goalies and they don't trust this guy.

I'm not down on Askarov, just to be clear. I'm just not down on Cossa, either, and not sure our guy is any worse than theirs.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit

We already have a Jack Campbell playing for the Lions. Can’t have two athletes in the same town with the same name. Too confusing.

Reactions: izlez

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Am I alone in looking at Askarov and thinking why not just run with Cossa at that point?
Honestly I assume we'd trade them Cossa in the deal. That gives them another year or two of runway before they need to make a decision on what to do.

Personally I like Askarov more. I still feel like Cossa is too leaky. Pucks find a way through him. I also think Askarov is ready to play in the NHL and Cossa needs at least another year. If the price to upgrade is too high though, I'm with you that we might as well just wait until our guy is ready. Cossa + 2nd or Cossa + Wallinder is about the most I'd pay.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite sure Augustine (or Cossa) is a lock on the trade, if Askarov is moving.

Don't know about Husso. Nashville seems to have boatload of cap space to eat his 1-year deal.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is Askarov actually available or are you guys just bullshitting?

How serious are the rumors we are looking at Campbell?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Is Askarov actually available or are you guys just bullshitting?

How serious are the rumors we are looking at Campbell?
An internet blogger posted about Askarov potentially being available. Not sure how much you can actually trust that. (Ehh, LeBrun also mentioned they tried to trade him to move up in the draft)

I don't think there are Rumors about Detroit looking at Campbell. That was just me bringing up the idea

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
One last spin on cap friendly before the chaos ensues.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 6.13.07 AM.png

• Signed Seider for 3 years.
  • Signed Ray for 8 years.
  • Signed Stamkos, Skinner, Roy.
  • Re-upped Fischer as a 13th forward.
  • Brought up Mazur, Söderblom, Danielson and Kasper.
  • Traded Rasmussen for Askarov.
  • Bought out Fabbri and Holl.
  • $634,000 in cap space left.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam
One last spin on cap friendly before the chaos ensues.

View attachment 890488

• Signed Seider for 3 years.
  • Signed Ray for 8 years.
  • Signed Stamkos, Skinner, Roy.
  • Re-upped Fischer as a 13th forward.
  • Brought up Mazur, Söderblom, Danielson and Kasper.
  • Traded Rasmussen for Askarov.
  • Bought out Fabbri and Holl.
  • $634,000 in cap space left.
We should sign Mo and Ray for as long as possible. The cap will go up almost 10mil over the next 2 years. Every player is just gonna get more expensive as time goes on. Even if you overpay a little now, it'll be a great deal when we are competing for the big prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad