Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Not sure what is the most depressing, the fact that Chevy didn't do anything, the rumour that he tried to do a bunch of wrong, bad things, or the fact that nobody he tried to get wanted to be here.
All of it being equally most depressing is an option. ……sigh.

I think it will be 3 years until we are back in the playoff hunt.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Some of these guys really need to get their egos checked.
I don't think that's fair. Dillon by all accounts really liked playing here and if I was on a contract at work and my contract was coming up and I wasn't a priority for my company to re-sign, I'd be feeling the exact same way.

You look at it as ego - I look at it as being part of a team and family and feeling like I'm not important.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
we have mostly the same team that started last season, someone posted our winning% pre and post monahan, it was better pre.

I think we will be in tough this coming season. Nashville got a lot better in the short term and Utah is a bit of a wildcard now. Chicago improved a little bit. There are a lot less easy points in the central now. Dallas is still a solid team and Colorado has its core intact. The Blues are basically same. I could easily see Nashville leapfrogging us in the standings and us fighting it out for WC spot. Narrowly missing next year on playoffs would be a massive failure. Not good enough to make the dance and not bad enough to get a high pick.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not so sure... It might be better than Dillon-Pionk, and the Jets won the Jennings trophy last season with that 2nd pair.

View attachment 891366
Yup - I know that Pionk struggled last year (especially after he got hurt and what happened with his friend), but talks of buyout is lunacy for a team that performed so well defensively last year and the fact that we are critically thin on RHD.

Let's hope that Pionk has a renaissance year and then we can go from there.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Well so much for that dream.
It’s not like players under contract never get traded. He’s still behind Stutzle and Norris.

That said, I still think Columbus is where McG ends up. With Monahan, Jenner, Fantilli, Sillinger, Johnson and Lindstrom all as natural centres in the Organization, something’s gotta give.

If It’s in a bigger package with Ehlers involved then you can maybe pry a good young defenseman from them.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think we will be in tough this coming season. Nashville got a lot better in the short term and Utah is a bit of a wildcard now. Chicago improved a little bit. There are a lot less easy points in the central now. Dallas is still a solid team and Colorado has its core intact. The Blues are basically same. I could easily see Nashville leapfrogging us in the standings and us fighting it out for WC spot. Narrowly missing next year on playoffs would be a massive failure. Not good enough to make the dance and not bad enough to get a high pick.
I think nashville/utah got better while dallas/colorado/us got worse to slightly worse, we were a 110 point team with terrible special teams, just by improving on that could stop a huge step back

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think that's fair. Dillon by all accounts really liked playing here and if I was on a contract at work and my contract was coming up and I wasn't a priority for my company to re-sign, I'd be feeling the exact same way.

You look at it as ego - I look at it as being part of a team and family and feeling like I'm not important.

Thats fine, but it seems far too many players are complaining about "being disrespected" because they weren't prioritized to their liking. You don't see teams bitch to the media when a player doesn't feel like signing and leaves via FA. It's a business and I expect some professionalism by these guys then complaining to the media.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think nashville/utah got better while dallas/colorado/us got worse to slightly worse, we were a 110 point team with terrible special teams, just by improving on that could stop a huge step back

I don't see our special teams getting much better with very little changes. Dallas didn't really lose anyone significant and I still think they end up top of the division. Colorado has oodles of offence but still some big holes.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I don't see our special teams getting much better with very little changes. Dallas didn't really lose anyone significant and I still think they end up top of the division. Colorado has oodles of offence but still some big holes.
they really needed defensemen that's why they got tanev and they replaced him with dumba and they lost pavelski, colorado has holes and are in cap hell with the uncertainty of nuke and landeskog, I can easily see our pk improving by just going back to an agressive system

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thats fine, but it seems far too many players are complaining about "being disrespected" because they weren't prioritized to their liking. You don't see teams bitch to the media when a player doesn't feel like signing and leaves via FA. It's a business and I expect some professionalism by these guys then complaining to the media.
But did he say he was disrespected?

Maybe he was feeling hurt - but you aren't going to say that as an athlete.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Nashville is tough. They made some improvements but I also think they played way over their heads last year. ROR Stamkos and Marchessault are all 33-34 as well which will start to catch up on them. They might have a couple good years but they're in trouble with that trio in a couple years.

Lambert up and if we get something for McGroaty that can play now, I think we're looking pretty good.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Nashville is tough. They made some improvements but I also think they played way over their heads last year. ROR Stamkos and Marchessault are all 33-34 as well which will start to catch up on them. They might have a couple good years but they're in trouble with that trio in a couple years.

Lambert up and if we get something for McGroaty that can play now, I think we're looking pretty good.

I don't think Nashville cares what happens 3 years from now. They took the "win now" mantra that people talk about, and actually did something about it. Was listening to Trotz and he basically feels that they lost out last year in the playoffs because they couldn't score enough, and the hope was their big signings will add a goal or two in playoff games. We will see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
we have mostly the same team that started last season, someone posted our winning% pre and post monahan, it was better pre.
I hope you’re right!

I do thin the jets over performed in the regular season last year and exceeded expectations. (I’m not complaining!)

Hard to see us beating Dallas col and Nash in the standings.

And with new coaching staff and a new system as well as roster spots likely filled by 2 or more rookies could be a growth year.

Samberg won’t be protected on third pairing. That could be some growth right there.

Will be fun to watch and find out!

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
He wouldn't sign it.
I was thinking the Pinto signing last night might be a good comparable for Perfetti.

Pinto got 3.75 AAV for two years. 2.5m in year one and 5m in year two. Evolving hockey and AFP have Perfetti slightly higher than Pinto on a two year.

They have both played the exact same number of games and Perfetti has 5 more points while playing les minutes per game.

The Lundell contract is a decent comparable but I don't think he would sign it either but what do we know lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad