GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I'm not sure right now is the time to put the season on Cossa's back. His development has been great and hopefully he's competing for the #1 spot in 2025-26. I'd like a veteran who can be reliable for 30ish starts per game. Lyon seems like a quality backup, I just don't want to rely on him down the stretch like we did last year.
Quite the change from Yzerman’s end of season press conference where he said he was not going to put any time line on Cossa and just let him marinate until he’s ready.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If we don't re-sign Kane get Stamkos I hope we collectively retire this 'trust the Yzerplan' bs. I have no reason to believe I will be happy tomorrow.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Theoretically could you sign a RFA to a 1 year extension say 3 mil and then immediately after sign him on July 1 to a 8 year extension say 8mil? Just to get extra cap relief for a year? Does no gm do this?

If we don't re-sign Kane get Stamkos I hope we collectively retire this 'trust the Yzerplan' bs. I have no reason to believe I will be happy tomorrow.
Good lord you're such a downer. Like literally everything you say is the embodiment of negativity.

Reactions: jkutswings

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Burgers + cap space to improve the defense.

Gun to head... Stamkos.
Yep. I love Kaner and while imo he is the better player… I think this team will have more success with Stamkos.

- It would crazy if they both signed.

- I 100% firmly believe Fabbri needs to be shipped out.

- IDK how I feel about Ghost. He was awesome a lot of the time and shit and then went into Thor mode the last batch of games. I do like his willingness to win. Same with Perron.

Tbh I don’t know what Yzerman is doing.

Then there are the rumors about Gibson…. and Trouba. Which I welcome.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Quite the change from Yzerman’s end of season press conference where he said he was not going to put any time line on Cossa and just let him marinate until he’s ready.
Yeah that is in line with what I'm saying as far as not wanting to be reliant on him in 2024-25. If he has another great season in the A this next season and both Husso and Lyon are off the books then I'm guessing they will reassess. Signing a true #1 beginning in 2025-26 may prove problematic given the cap hit and term it would require.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Yep. I love Kaner and while imo he is the better player… I think this team will have more success with Stamkos.

- It would crazy if they both signed.

- I 100% firmly believe Fabbri needs to be shipped out.

- IDK how I feel about Ghost. He was awesome a lot of the time and shit and then went into Thor mode the last batch of games. I do like his willingness to win. Same with Perron.

Tbh I don’t know what Yzerman is doing.

Then there are the rumors about Gibson…. and Trouba. Which I welcome.

I think we would be happy to ship Fabbri out. Only question is the cost to move him. He is likely making double what he is worth if he were to sign as a FA. Depending on who we could hypothetically get to replace him, I'd be alright paying up to a 2nd to ship him out.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I'd rather see a kid from GR on his ELC take Joe's ice time...Veleno has been rather useless IMO...Def not worth that contract.
I thought he looked great up until Kane’s arrival. Lost a lot of ice time from it.

Do I think he’s a top 6F, no. But I think he can carve out a career being a 2C with some offensive upside if paired with the right wingers.

Hoping the fact that Ghost hasn't been extended yet is a sign that we've got other things in place for the blue line.
Ghost played with a lot of heart down the stretch. Don’t mind him if the price is right, I think he will command 5M+ though which I don’t think he’s worth.

Would like to see what our young D can do with more ice time and PP time instead.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I thought he looked great up until Kane’s arrival. Lost a lot of ice time from it.

Do I think he’s a top 6F, no. But I think he can carve out a career being a 2C with some offensive upside if paired with the right wingers.

Ghost played with a lot of heart down the stretch. Don’t mind him if the price is right, I think he will command 5M+ though which I don’t think he’s worth.

Would like to see what our young D can do with more ice time and PP time instead.
During injuries they tried DeBrincat-Veleno-Kane forever. It was bad, he has had chances.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I don't see Fabbri or Petry going anywhere.

Talked to Petry for a few minutes at the draft party, he said that he, Fabbri and Chiarot have been at the rink the past 3 weeks, lifting and skating.

Call me crazy, but I just don't see Yzerman trading one or more of the only dudes already getting ready for next season. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows?

But also, he's the nicest dude I've ever met.

minimal

Apr 12, 2024

I recognize that, but I think there's better D to be had out there that can, you know, actually provide D.

Reactions: norrisnick

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Theoretically could you sign a RFA to a 1 year extension say 3 mil and then immediately after sign him on July 1 to a 8 year extension say 8mil? Just to get extra cap relief for a year? Does no gm do this?

Good lord you're such a downer. Like literally everything you say is the embodiment of negativity.
Past trauma has shaped me.

I would like to find a sucker for Fabbri, Trashmussen Copp and Chiarot

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
What happened to the week long contract negotiation window for NHL ufas? Did that just quietly go away?

I do like the traditional way of not knowing who's going to sign where until fa opens up

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00