GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
That's a big leap of faith putting two rookies in top 9 with one on top line without a huge pedigree. I'm ok with it but still think they are missing a top 6 winger and no idea how they get one without dangling Weeger?
Sign one more forward at ca 1M. We did it with Marchesseault and Sceviour, with Duclair and Verhaeghe (3/4 actually became middle/top6 guys). One rookie's fine; every team has them.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Doesn't make any sense to move Weegar in pursuit of yet another forward. Right now, we're looking at:

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Denisenko
Huberdeau - Bennett - Reinhart
Heponiemi - Lundell - White
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

I don't necessarily want to trade Weegar just because he had a few bad games in the playoffs but I really don't like handing Deni spot without him proving anything, especially on the 1st line. He should be competing with Hepo for a 3rd line spot at most, IMO.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Nick Cousins close to being Panther

So happy Mason went to Dallas not the Divers

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
The blame falls squarely on d-bag Soonk because he refused to let us trade him and now we are stuck with that buyout on the cap hit. F##k That scumbag!

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
4 Years isnt terrible term for some someone his age. I would have taken that deal personally
I wouldn't have gone higher than $3.75m at the max. Marchment can't go 3 straight months without an injury. That contract is asking for trouble by year 2.

Also, I loved Marchment's game this year but
a) I remember his total inability to finish during the 2020-21 season
b) he's a third wheel guy on any line that he plays

Even if he stays healthy, MM is a luxury type forward that elevates an already decent line to a great line. You can't pay $4.5m to a depth winger who doesn't play on special teams. You just can't.

Reactions: Great8Cam

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I wouldn't have gone higher than $3.75m at the max. Marchment can't go 3 straight months without an injury. That contract is asking for trouble by year 2.

Also, I loved Marchment's game this year but
a) I remember his total inability to finish during the 2020-21 season
b) he's a third wheel guy on any line that he plays

Even if he stays healthy, MM is a luxury type forward that elevates an already decent line to a great line. You can't pay $4.5m to a depth winger who doesn't play on special teams. You just can't.
Him not playing on the PP is through no fault of his own. That was on the coach to decide who goes out there.

Yes he was rough the first year, and was much better the second year. The results are likely in the middle of around 40 points? 4.5 is a slight overpay but I would have taken it, or maybe he could have been convinced to take 500k less.

Oh well.

Reactions: kerrabria

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad