GDT: Free agent frenzy pt 2 - you gotta be quicker than that

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think Gusev is pretty much tagged and ready to be sent to Columbus. It makes too much sense as a consolation prize for every damn FA that they had rejecting them. As far as Ferland's concerned, I have a hunch that it's down to Colorado and Carolina for him, just a matter of who gives more years. Also, Montreal cleared all that cap room for an epic fail on Aho, so maybe they'll royally overpay Dzingel and Gardiner instead.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I think Gusev is pretty much tagged and ready to be sent to Columbus. It makes too much sense as a consolation prize for every damn FA that they had rejecting them. As far as Ferland's concerned, I have a hunch that it's down to Colorado and Carolina for him, just a matter of who gives more years. Also, Montreal cleared all that cap room for an epic fail on Aho, so maybe they'll royally overpay Dzingel and Gardiner instead.
God that would be even better than my Lee, Simmonds speculation. Hell the offer sheet already arguably cost them Lee.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Welp, getting back to normal....

we still have a little over $11 milllion in cap space. We'll need 3 d-men - Bean, Fleury, Forsling, presumably and likely 3 forwards. I assume we'll have to choose between McGinn or Willams with the other 2 forwards being probably ELCs or cheap deals (Saku, Bishop, etc)

Hopefully we can win a cup with this crew before Dundon's failing finances force the league to take ownership of the team and move it to Quebec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad